Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally! Parsippany show this sunday! its been to long... updated- please add your experience

joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
2 months without a show...

hope to see you all there!
may the fonz be with you...always...

Comments

• Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there! I was going through withdrawls image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be there for sure! I was not happy that there was no show last month....
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there as well. However, I will arrive much later than usual, around noon.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Parsippany?

What is a "Parsippany"?

It does sound vaguely familiar... it is a vegetable of some sort? Or some sort of new C&W dance step?

I think I used to know what it was but seem to have somehow forgotten...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>I will be there as well. However, I will arrive much later than usual, around noon. >>

If you're gonna be near Larry's table let me know, I have that weird merc dime transitional slab I remember talking to you about, I'd like to bring it and show ya.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I will be leaving Milwaulkee (Central States) sometime today...and going to Parsippany first thing tomorrow morning. See you all there.

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    It didn't seem to be as busy as I was expecting. I got to Hang out with Ankur and the Fonz, didn't see much to buy but... I did pick up a PCGS VF30 99-O quarter and a PCGS VF25 04-O Quarter from Larry at Sea Eagle Coins plus a lowball 16-P Half from Tom Hyland.

I didn't see much I wanted to buy and there wasn't the usual buzz.
  • Options
    I am typing a report as we speak.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The show overall was slower from what I saw. It really depended what you had for sale for how good the show was.

Prices of course make a difference.

Most dealers didnt want to by high value material.

One dealer sold out his entire inventory of bullion gold. (he tends to move the stuff very quickly just because he has a reputation of being a pleasant person to deal with)
    other dealers with bullion had hits or misses.

Some really nice fresh high end (ish?) material came in the morning from one dealer- before 11 AM I watched as 2 deals WELL over 6 figures was done.

Many dealer cases that I saw contained alot of the same stuff thats been sitting in it for awhile. One dealer who tends to deal in really pq pieces (mostly CAC) had really pq prices as well. (on the couple of pieces I asked to see, the prices were between 1-2 grades up.)( an 1805 dime in pcgs vg8 cac for $1500????(no special variety ).

2 dealers I spoke with had some nice coins that were purchased at the market peak- and were saying how the only way to sell them now was to take a couple of thousand dollar hit... (the 1893-s morgan in particular)- I believe I saw at least 3 in pcgs vf30-35 and none sold by the end.

Personally I had a decent show and had the privilage of finally meeting our friend ankur and go to meet up again with rldd14 and get his breakdown on barbers.

may the fonz be with you...always...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file