Home U.S. Coin Forum

2010 Penny Doubled Die? I don't think so...

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a link to Wexler's Coin and Die Varieties, specifically for what they are attributing as 2010 1¢ WDDO-001.

Link

Couldn't normal die wear or metal flow be more of a cause for this? I just don't see it. Can someone explain to me why this is considered a DDO?

Comments

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭
    You need electron microscope to see that........whatever it is they claim to be seeing! I don't see anything worthy of note, sorry.
  • "Couldn't normal die wear or metal flow be more of a cause for this?"

Sent this one in to be attributed before the official release. Thought maybe it was doubling and it came back"Die Wear".
    The forehead of Lincoln and the raised spot right in front of Lincolns eyelid
    that kind of looks like another eyelid.

Terry
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You need electron microscope to see that........whatever it is they claim to be seeing! I don't see anything worthy of note, sorry. >>

That's what I was thinking.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I will pass on that one.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no way. thanks anyway
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thickness to liberty, very slightly offset "RTY" with minute notching on the "Y." This kind of "doubling" is prevalent on some of the 21st century lincolns. 2006 was a banner year for this!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    It looks like a Class 6 doubled die. Not too exciting. Worth about 2 cents to me image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file