Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2010 doubled die for sale on the bay (ANACS)

tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...here's the best pic i could get:

imageimage
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• Options
    I would like to see a close-up of the obverse. To see where the doubling is.
    I think that would be pretty cool. Did not see anything listed on CONECA'S Site
    about that particular double die.

Terry
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a self-slab, I think of the Coin World variety. I bet the folks at ANACS would like a word with that seller.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pretty interesting, but still hard to tell! Thanks for the link to the pics.
    Save $$$ on many purchases to include EBAY and EBay Stores.

Big Crumbs Link

Mr Rebates Link

EBates Link

Chucknra@yahoo.com
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a self-slab, I think of the Coin World variety. I bet the folks at ANACS would like a word with that seller.

Sean Reynolds >>

Sean, You're mistaken. It's a legit ANACS slab. Link to more.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options

...does ANACS have the photo certification verification option?
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    John Wexler lists this doubled die on his web site. The doubling is pretty minor, showing
    notching on some of the letters in LIBERTY. The site is www.doubleddie.com Last time
    I checked it is the only doubled die so far for the 1910 cent.

The holder looks legitimate.
  • Options
    that has to be the weakest DD I have seen....got my hopes up for a second that it might be worth searching the mint rolls I purchased....but not for that.... image
  • Options

<< <i>that has to be the weakest DD I have seen....got my hopes up for a second that it might be worth searching the mint rolls I purchased....but not for that.... image >>

...yeah but look what happened with the search for the 55 DD. there were a lot of the so called poor man's

searched thru for an occasional big strike for the real McCoy. image of course there was an extra bonus with those.

they were at least 95% copper. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats some minor doubling ( very minor ) ill pass
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    did a search for that sucker and all I found was this! A true doubled die there buddy! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

...it's too bad the pic didn't have some nice close-ups. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file