Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

EBAY # 350347452551 "What a Stunner"

"NOT"

PSA 9 1967 Mantle. Unless my monitor is bad...... How many people have had PSA completely miss on a Mantle in PSA 9 or a card of that magnitude. Disturbing.

Mickey71

If someone can post a link that would be cool.

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average 7 at best.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Reholdered WIWAG?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I think it technically meets the definition, just a real weak 9
    Top corners tough to tell from scan
    Tilt bothers me but I've seen em on 10s
    Great pic and pretty good centering
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Reholdered WIWAG? >>

I often wonder the same thing when I see these come up. People seem to ignored it existed and that there are no more out there or something.
  • 1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    aahhhhhhhhhhh, we've all seen much worse than that. That looks like a decent "8".
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Worse card I have ever seen.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    There would be no chance I buy that card as an 8. That tilt and the top right corner. It doesn't even have any eye appeal with color or anything. Does it have any mint qualities.
  • if I sent that in : Not holdered miscut. that is my luck. I'd give it a 7.5 and an 8 ifin I was really stoned err I mean drunk. image

I would offer 200.00 for it though LOL
  • I agree with "Hammered". A weak '9', and arguably an '8', but not totally awful.
  • JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    "8" sounds about right.....who puts a card up for that price and doesn't spend the few extra cents to show the back?
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly, they shouldn't have shown a scan of the front.image
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll never regret adding this card to your Registry Collection... you'll only regret it if you don't.
  • How dare you blast Memory Lane!!!! It's not as if they are in cahoots with PSA or something like that................
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    If I had sent that card in it would of graded out 7 at best.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree with "Hammered". A weak '9', and arguably an '8', but not totally awful. >>

My thoughts exactly.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw the scan. Ugh. image
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    guy musta opted for the $14 service....

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Card looks like a reasonable 9. My guess it was graded by one of the older more experienced graders at PSA. Historically tilts have always been a week point in third party grading. Always been an eyesore to me but grading companies never really thought so. Same goes for poor color registration. Both tilts and poor color should knock down a grade one point per given grade. But we are where we are. Pete
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Historically tilts have always been a week point in third party grading. Always been an eyesore to me but grading companies never really thought so. Same goes for poor color registration. Both tilts and poor color should knock down a grade one point per given grade. But we are where we are. >>

Agreed. I've thought that for a long time.

• << <i>Reholdered WIWAG? >>

That word is taboo in this area...