Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is fake right?...or is it to good to be true!

Fake????
Error and RC collector.

Comments

• Options
    It all depends on the story behind it....

Is it yours? If so, whats the story, where did you find it?

With no story, I will guess its one of those ebay fakes!
  • Options
    JustfishinjjJustfishinjj Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It all depends on the story behind it....

With no story, I will guess its one of those ebay fakes! >>

Not eBay, but online. Guy said he pulled it from a 1952 pack. Her is him quoted, "the baseball card came out of a 1952 mickey mantle chase pack so im 99.9% sure its real. i think its 1 out 1000 chance of finding the mickey mantle card."

Sounds kind of like the guy doesnt really know, but heck...i have been wrong.
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    Hopefully for you its real!

You never do know, crazier things have happened...

Send it in to PSA and we shall see the results image

Good luck!
  • Options
    If that's a picture pulled from eBay, it would definitely raise a red flag for me because I would think something doesn't add up. If you had a copy that nice, why not grade it. Fuzzy pic makes it difficult to really analyze it and if it was a legitimate card with that much value, you would expect better. It may not be a scam but it meets all the criteria. Seems like it would be sold by the guy who found the Honus Wagner at the flea market who will say it's a reprint because he just can't tell himself or found something in the grandparent's attic and isn't sure exactly what he has. Target the buyer who wants to believe he's ripping off a rube who just stumbled upon a fortune and doesn't know it.
  • Options

<< <i>

Not eBay, but online. Guy said he pulled it from a 1952 pack. Her is him quoted, "the baseball card came out of a 1952 mickey mantle chase pack so im 99.9% sure its real. i think its 1 out 1000 chance of finding the mickey mantle card."

Sounds kind of like the guy doesnt really know, but heck...i have been wrong. >>

Help to know more background on the seller, how he plans on handling transaction etc.

I agree with UlyssesExtravaganza. He cannot remember what pack it came from? 1 in 1000 odds sounds cliche. If you pulled it from a pack, would you mention authenticity %? I'd ask alot more ?'s. 1st get clear scans before wasting time..

imageimageimage
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    FAKE
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I would say it is 99.9% fake. He did not want to say 100% real because it is not. He put that .01% chance that it is real to cover himself so people cannot come back and say that he told them it is real. Anytime a person tells me he is 99.9 percent anything i would say he is lying. Also, if he pulled it from a pack I would think that we would of heard about it somehow. Like it was mentioned before, the fuzzy picture, not graded and it is in too good of shape. i I had a csad worth $10+ I would make sure it has the best picture and everything. My advice is to stay away, far far away.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Retarded interlude by Gio.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Fake for sure. A real 52 topps card is larger than a newer card. Here's a worn out 52 topps willie mays. Compare the space above the card to the top of the toploader. Too much room on the mantle, so even with a blurry pic designed to trick an idiot there's no doubt.

imageimage
  • Options
    Looks like it could be a reprint. Topps reprinted there top rookie cards for this years edition (as they have in the past). The color of the card looks to bright, which could be the gloss Topps uses.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hopefully for you its real!

Good luck! >>

Even more retarded interlude
    So you're suggesting that he buy it and send it to PSA?
  • Options

<< <i>

Good luck! >>

So you're suggesting that he buy it and send it to PSA? >>

It's Gio, what do you expect??
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Good luck! >>

So you're suggesting that he buy it and send it to PSA? >>

It's Gio, what do you expect?? >>

Different ID same great taste!