Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Good or Bad? Price Guides Thru The Years

Beckett, Current Card Prices, Card Price Update, SCD Price Guide, SMR, VCP etc. Its been quite a ride. Overall I think price guides have been helpful. As the guides have evolved so have collectors ability to assess & value a cards condition and worth. Take a look below- kind of interesting. Beckett lead the way... now third party grading rules. Will we revert back to a simpler time? Take look at some of those prices! Anyone have images of Becket No 1 Vol 1 or other interesting guides or opinions?
imageimageimage
imageimage
imageimageimage
imageimage
imageimageimageimage
imageimageimageimageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Man that ccp brings back memories. If i remember correctly when a card was hot or went up in price it had a big diamond next to it.

Wow i feel 9yrs old all over again
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    don't forget about tough stuff! it's funny i was thinking about all these today after deciding to landfill the stack of smr's sitting in my man cave...
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>don't forget about tough stuff! it's funny i was thinking about all these today after deciding to landfill the stack of smr's sitting in my man cave... >>

I was a big fan of Tuff Stuff - they had wax box prices! - until they went to the regular-size format. When they were oversized, I loved 'em!

Tabe
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Ill pay ccp prices for any HOF in there, right now. Any takers?

"_)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>don't forget about tough stuff! it's funny i was thinking about all these today after deciding to landfill the stack of smr's sitting in my man cave... >>

I was a big fan of Tuff Stuff - they had wax box prices! - until they went to the regular-size format. When they were oversized, I loved 'em!

Tabe >>

Tuff Stuff was one of my favorites. They also priced starting lineups, and had good articles. Baseball Hobby News was also one of my favorites, those were the days!