Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Overzealous Ebay Seller?

Two weeks ago on Sunday night, I purchased a $4.99 card. I didn't pay immediately as I was out the door. I was then away for work until Wednesday and did not have access to a computer. During this time I received:

2 payment reminders
2 eBay messages reminding me to pay for the item

After paying, I received a reply to my PayPal e-mail from the seller, telling me he would send it out the next day. The next day I received:

1 message from PayPal telling me the item had shipped
2 email from the seller telling me the item had shipped, one asking me to confirm that I had received the first
1 eBay message from the seller telling me the item had shipped

On Friday I received a notice that I had to go to the PO to pick up the item because it was sent CERTIFIED MAIL (!) at a cost of $3.61. Remember the final price of the item was $4.99.

Since then, I've received 4 reminders to leave feedback, which I finally did today just to be done with the whole situation. I haven't even had a chance to pick up the item yet but damn I'm sick of dealing with this.

I know I shouldn't complain after some of the bad experiences people on here have had with eBay, but is it bad that I'm almost annoyed that I feel harassed by this seller???

I know I'm bi***ing, but it just amazes me that some people have so much time on their hands.

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably feel the same way.

Then again, I'd much rather be dealing with that, than what I am dealing with.....

I bought an item...it was received by the USPS (registered mail) on March 3rd. I still have NOT received it! image and there are no updates available on the USPS website image

The sender opened an inquiry into it on March 27th. We've both been told it could take 8-12 weeks from that date to be resolved! imageimage

Steve

Oh, did I mention that I'm completely imageed by this whole episode?

Edited for a typo imageimage
  • Options
    I do see your aggrevation on such a small dollar transaction.

However, I do believe those payment reminders are all eBay generated, and there is no way for sellers to opt out of those, so those have nothing to do with the seller, but the eBay venue.

And of course, they copy those messages to your eBay Messages so it looks like 4 different reminders.

Now barring the eBay payment reminders, this is exactly what I do as far as sending out notifications to buyers:

Invoice (if requested)
    Payment Received email (I leave feedback upon payment)
    Mark item as In Process in Paypal with Delivery Confirmation info (which sends an automatic notice, I do believe)
    Mark item as shipped (which I think sends an automatic eBay notice)
    Shipping Notification email
    Mark item as shipped in Paypal with Delivery Confirmation info (which sends another automatic notice, I think)

I never send the buyers any kind of emails about feedback whatsoever.

But you can see that just on a normal transaction, there could be up to 6 notifications sent, and possibly several more if the item is unpaid for more than a couple days!

The certified mail was obviously unnecessary in your case, and it wouldn't even help the seller in an Item Not Received case, so I'm not sure what they were doing there.

The automatic emails are just that, and there is really no way around it if you use eBay. Some people might see all the emails/notifications and think "What great communication!"

The only harassment I would see in this case are the 4 feedback reminders, and again, I don't even think it's necessary to send even 1 feedback reminder, it just seems pointless.

In fact, the way the Detailed Seller Ratings go now, most SELLERS are better off NOT receiving feedback! image
    Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

My eBay Store: Chosen Point's Heroic Diversions eBay Store
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think you're on the wrong forum to be complaining about sellers like this who feel every transaction is life or death.