Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1980 OPC Brian Propp and 1978 OPC Bernie Federko

Looking for 1980 OPC Brian Propp #39 rookie and 1978 OPC Bernie Federko #143 rookie in PSA 8 grade or higher.

Will also purchase raw if in at least NM-MT condition and well centered.

Comments

• Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    bump...still looking
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    raym8 - If you do not get the Propp or Federko in the next couple of weeks let me know. I can put some of them on my next submission.

• Options
    Hi. I'm also looking for a 1978 OPC Federko RC, but I want it in PSA 9. I don't want to hijack Raym8's thread but if you have more than 1 and are interested in selling I'm definitely interested. I'll ride shotgun on this one.

Let me know.

Vince
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Ray, I am sending a Federko to PSA this week. I think it's a very strong candidate for an 8 or 8.5. I'll keep you posted. Vince, there's only one Federko 9 so you might be waiting a while. I tried to pry it at one point, but no luck.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Andy. Good luck with the submission.
  • Options
    Andy, there's only 1 graded Federko 9 but there are bound to be many more out there ungraded. We're talking Federko here, not Bobby Orr. I'm sniffing around for an unopened wax box -- would be fun to go back to my childhood and open packs with my son. I'd take an ungraded mint copy just as well as a graded one. I wonder how much 1978 wax is still out there? The cards weren't pretty, both from a look and production quality standpoint, so there's bound to be heaps.

Good luck with your submission. I hope you get the 8.5 and maybe we draw out some more 1978's.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    I am an avid Federko Collector and if someone has a nice Federko that they feel might garner a 9 or higher I would be very interested in it if you could submit it. I would make it worth your while.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vbellier-

I opened a box of 78-79 opc last year, and it was a trainwreck. Packs were perfect, cards were not. Gum tended to bleed throughout the pack. Centering was terrible. Rough cuts were particularly bad. Some years are fun rips when hunting for PSA worthy vintage opc cards- 78 is not usually.

-Nathanael