Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Massive Jerry Rice Collection

Hello. I was writing to gauge interest in a collection I am in possession of. It is a massive collection of nearly 1,000 Jerry Rice cards, along with a large amount of memorabilia. The cards alone are worth nearly $20k, (including 2 rookies, one MINT, one NR-MT, both in glass case. I also have numerous figurines, autographed plaques, jerseys, wheaties box, coins, etc.... TONS OF STUFF.

Everything has been cared for meticulously. I'm a huge Jerry Rice fan. I can look at any card of his and tell you if I have it, and often which number it is in the set.

The entire collection is worth $25,000 AT LEAST.

However, I do not have the patience, desire, or know how to sell it off individually piece by piece online. Whoever did could make a massive profit. I'm looking to sell it for about $7,000-$8,000 and the buyer could easily double that, if not more.

He's being inducted in the Hall of Fame this year. Perfect timing to hit a hot market.

Write back if interested.
seanredenbaugh@yahoo.com
812-202-0800
seanredenbaugh@yahoo.com
812-202-0800
#1 Jerry Rice Fan

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    If you have "Nearly 1,000 cards" and they alone are "worth 20K", then that means that each card averages to over $20. You must post pictures of these cards, because that is incredible that you have such valuable cards.

I search eBay and sportlots.com, and see thousands of his cards for sale for 18 cents--$2.00 on sportlots (with the rookie card for sale around $40), and $1 and up on eBay. You must have many hundreds of "1 of 1" print plates and auto cards numbered to less than 10 in order to have such valuable cards. Congrats on the collection and good luck on the sale. Please post some pictures of these incredible rare and valuable cards. Hardly any base cards or inserts cards, I would imagine--almost all must be auto and patch cards.

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    Akbar,
    Was that an appropriate response to the guys first and perhaps last post?

I mean he has Wheaties boxes, plaques, near mint rookie cards that are just not laying on a coffee table where they could be damaged--NO SIR they are in a glass case, (maybe even in the same glass case so they are close together). I have seen cards in plastic cases, but never in a hand held glass case. That alone could be valuable. You can get a $25000 collection for 70% off.

It's really taking advantage of the seller since he does not know how to sell on-line. That is a skill that takes years to learn.

A little more courtesy would be in order.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Sorry czar,

I just get too excited when something so valuable and rare comes to these boards.

I mean, I use to take my player collections, and when determining the "Value", just go to a Beckett magazine and look up HIGH Book Value on each, add them all up and use that $$$-figure when thinking about all the riches I could bring myself if I were to sell. Then I would get really sad when I looked at the current market and saw that eBay might get me an average of 25-35 percent of the "Value" on the vast majority of my cards IF someone were to buy my cards--and that all my base cards and inserts that have "Book Value" of $1 to $5 could be bought off sportlots.com for 18 cents to 50 cents each--it just really depressed me when I saw that "Market Value" and "Book Value" are in completely different worlds.

Now this collector will let me put down only $7,000-$8,000 on these 900-some cards and "easily double that" when I sell them individually or in small lots. Even after all those listing fees, final value fees, shipping costs, etc.--it's just a wonderful opportunity--that's why I wanted him to post scans of all those print plates and autos and "1 of 1" treasures that all sell for at least $20 each.

I wish him luck and wish I had the extra thousands of dollars laying around which I could easily double for good profit. Maybe the scans will help him sell this collection very quickly.

The market is HOT for Jerry Rice. I'm sure it will be no problem selling these.

Best of luck Sean--try not to let any "newbie hazing" get under your skin. We like to kid and fun.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    If his lot is "massive" at 1000 cards what does that make my 2000 card Rice collection, beyond massive? My cards and memorabilia book at over $30000 and I will sell at the bargain price of only $5000. If you act now, I will also throw in my 2000 card collection of Steve Young for a mere $2500 more and I guarantee if you broke up these lots and sold them individually on Ebay, you will not make your money back.
  • Options
    Hey mreuter,

Are you looking to add to your Steve Young collection? If so I might be able to help you.

Matt