Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Long Island card shops

Can anyone recommend a good card shop on Long Island? I will be in Hauppauge next week for work and can always use a good shop or two to stop in.

Thanks in advance,
Neal

Comments

• Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    There's a few shops where I grew up in Merrick, NY - one on Merrick Road, but nothing too great. If anyone knows of a good shop, PLEASE tell!!
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    Hi,I live about 15 minutes from Hauppage and there isn't much around.There is one store on the corner of Jericho Turnpike and Commack Rd (about 15 min from Hauppage) but I've never gone in.Here is the info from there web site.

Long Island Expressway - Take the L.I.E. to exit 52, take Commack road going North until you reach Jericho Tpke. We are on the Left hand corner.

Northern State Parkway - Take the Northern State Parkway to exit 42 North, stay to the right at the split. We are about 4 miles up on the left on the corner of Jericho Tpke. and Commack Road.

(Peppertree Commons Shopping Center)

Cardboard Memories
    6401 Jericho Tpke.
    Commack, NY 11725
    Phone (631) 462-1919
    Fax (631) 462-4220

Hours
    Monday - Friday 10:00AM - 7:00PM
    Saturday 10:00AM - 6:00PM
    Sunday 11:00AM - 5:00PM
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Now that I think of it, Last Licks is a good store -- I think there's a few of them on LI -- look it up. It's ice cream and sports cards / collectibles. It's owned by Steiner sports who is a big guy in the sports collectibles industry...
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    Cardboard Memories

I believe Scott is the owner. Real nice guy. Store is known more for it's autograph material. You'll find tons of photos, posters, balls, etc. Does carry unopened and vintage cards, but hardly anything graded. Still worth a trip. If you go, let us know what you think.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭

<< <i>Cardboard Memories

I believe Scott is the owner. Real nice guy. Store is known more for it's autograph material. You'll find tons of photos, posters, balls, etc. Does carry unopened and vintage cards, but hardly anything graded. Still worth a trip. If you go, let us know what you think. >>

You're right...tons of autographs on just about everything imaginable, and Scott seems to love talking about anything sports related. If I had more time I could have spent hours looking through stacks of vintage. I did end up picking up some pretty sharp '77 Cloth Stickers.
  • Options
    He really is a nice guy. He shifted the focus of his business from cards to autos a few years ago. Does have lots of cards, but they did to be off grade and unorganized. I;m sure he has some gems in those boxes and piles, but I don't have the time to sort through it. Glad your trip was worthwhile
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion