Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sheet cut cards

How do you tell on a card from the 70's if they are sheet cut cards? Is there anything in particular to look for? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    opc has the cut edges unless it is an early printing, then those edges can be sharp...other than that, I'm not really sure...
  • Options
    sharp = most likely sheet cut
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    A large number of the sheet cut cards that found their ways into Beckett holders are oversized -- that is another good thing to evaluate.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I think too the surface is not as smooth, looking at beckett grades you will see that edges, corners, centering are all higher numbers than the surface.
  • Options

<< <i>I think too the surface is not as smooth, looking at beckett grades you will see that edges, corners, centering are all higher numbers than the surface. >>

The surface is usually a 9 on every damn gem mint you see from the 80's sheet cut or not..
    Reason for this is they hammer you for the smallest print dot..

One print dot will get you a 9 surface..

2 or 3 print dots will get you a 8.5 surface..

On the first group sub I cracked a couple cards with 10-9.5-9.5-8.5 subgrades and got PSA 10's and I plan on doing it again soon..

For telling if a card is sheet cut? Depends on the card really.. If anybody thinks they can spot a sheet cut 1996 topps Kobe Bryant they are crazy...