Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Latest "Longest Game" addition

Some of my favorite memorabilia pieces are the ones that tell a story that others might not get when looking at said item. I picked up a pair of checks made out to Bobby Bonner from the Rochester Red Wings. One check was from the 1980 season with the other coming from the 1981 season. With the 29th anniversary of the longest game in professional baseball history on the brain I immediately picked up on something from the 1981 check. The check was made out just 3 days before the longest game. The check was processed one day before Bobby would participate in the game. Probably not a big deal to most of the collecting world but not a bad purchase for a $10 opening bid IMHO. Here's the scan of the front of the 1981 check:

Since I don't need both checks the 1980 check will be going out to jeffcbay for his collection.

Comments

• Options
    Nice addition to your collection
    Love seeing the memorabilia from my home town team

By the way, great site as well!

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    nice item.image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Chris...

As always..great stuff!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, nice pick up image

...show the ticket stubs again!
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks! Been a long week battling a serious respiratory infection. Was diagnosed with walking pneumonia on Monday then landed in the local ER yesterday when my pulse would not drop below 100. Had to do all kinds of tests to make sure I did not have a heart condition. Definitely puts life in perspective. Heart/Blood tests were normal and the doctors confirmed it is a very nasty lung infection. Good times. Here are the requested tickets:

imageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since I don't need both checks the 1980 check will be going out to jeffcbay for his collection. >>

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! image
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks folks! Been a long week battling a serious respiratory infection. Was diagnosed with walking pneumonia on Monday then landed in the local ER yesterday when my pulse would not drop below 100. Had to do all kinds of tests to make sure I did not have a heart condition. Definitely puts life in perspective. Heart/Blood tests were normal and the doctors confirmed it is a very nasty lung infection. Good times. Here are the requested tickets: >>

Take care & get well soon!

Thanks for posting the tickets...those are SWEET!!!
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks folks! Been a long week battling a serious respiratory infection. Was diagnosed with walking pneumonia on Monday then landed in the local ER yesterday when my pulse would not drop below 100. Had to do all kinds of tests to make sure I did not have a heart condition. Definitely puts life in perspective. Heart/Blood tests were normal and the doctors confirmed it is a very nasty lung infection. Good times. Here are the requested tickets: >>

Take care & get well soon!

Thanks for posting the tickets...those are SWEET!!! >>

Thanks so much. Feeling better today and was able to get through a little league game without throwing up. Glad you enjoy the tickets!
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    This is the same Bonner on the 82 Topps RC?
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the same Bonner on the 82 Topps RC? >>

one in the same
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.