Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How is this a PSA 10?

I thought that 71's had to have NO white on the borders to get that coveted PSA 10 grade
1971 Topps Willie Smith PSA 10
Adam
buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    good candidate for review.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought that 71's had to have NO white on the borders to get that coveted PSA 10 grade
    1971 Topps Willie Smith PSA 10 >>

Typically, if the card exhibits factory cut "chipping" characteristics, it is considered an acceptable aspect of the card unless is becomes aesthetically unpleasing. Such is in the eye of the beholder as oft times, some complain about OPC rough cuts while other laud them. 1971's often have "chipping" from the cut, even pack or vending fresh. It's actually not a bad looking PSA 10 for the issue. Perfectly smooth and "chip" free cards from this issue are few and far between and most tend to have undergone some level of after market attention.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Willie has devil eyes.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>good candidate for review. >>

PSA never grades down when cards are sent in for review. Go back to your Pez dispensers.
  • Options
    looks ok for 71 PSA 10, remember the card is smaller and the white is less noticeable than when it is blown up to 8 to 10 times it's normal size. just my stupid opinion but I am always right at least in my mind. send it in for a possible upgrade 10.5 Gem mint +++