Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My first Liberty Seated dollar

veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
I usually go for a coin series that I am most familiar with; the Standing Liberty Quarter. However, I've always wanted a decent looking and "relatively" affordable example of a Seated Liberty dollar. Yes, it's a common date and it's "only" an XF-45, but it has the appearance that I like in a lightly circulated coin. From what little I know about the series, they are often cleaned or dipped, but I trusted my judgement by choosing what appears to be an "original" example. I hope my instincts were good.
Now I'm finding myself strangely drawn to the Liberty Seated series. I might have to acquire another one or two!

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seated Liberty dollars are very tough coins to obtain with any combination of significant eye appeal, meat and originality.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I really like the reverse. Looks much like the XF45 1859 quarter I just bought.

Link to 1859 Quarter Thread
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice looking Seated dollar...image

Congrats on the pickup...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Congratulations, and I think your instincts were very good.image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin for the grade and I like the date/mm image
  • Options
    Great looking coin!!!

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice example.....seated dollars and classic head large cents are generally the last coins needed for customer's type sets.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    Very nice example... good call!
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    a nice coin!
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin! I've been trying to find a seated dollar that I like and can afford for several YEARS now. Not easy coins.

Congrats on your NEWP. image
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Nice coin. The 60-O is one of the few years that is nice to find in NOT mint state. image
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent example! I love those big, heavy coins... you KNOW in their day they were really worth something!
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Congrats! That coin is harder to find than the same date in MS-62... at least in problem free condition.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    Barberman55Barberman55 Posts: 1,605
    Nice pickup, very nice original example!
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An unusually nice example. Congrats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file