Home Sports Talk
Options

Can someone help me find Charlie Brown's "no one remembers who comes in second" comic stri

EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
As all you Peanuts fans know, Charlie Brown is both the pitcher and manager for his baseball team. I recall one Sunday comic where Charlie Brown is giving a pep talk to his team. He says that "Nobody remembers who comes in second place!" To which Linus raises his hand and says that he remembers who came in second and starts listing the teams that came in second (both National and American leagues) each year. Charlie then says something along the lines of "I can't stand it, I just can't stand it..."

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this strip? It's one of my favorites.
WISHLIST
Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't remember. Strangely I do remember what Charlie Brown wrote for his Joe Shalabotnik fan club letter:

"Last year Joe hit .143 and made some spectactular catches of routine fly balls. He also threw out a runner who had fallen down between first and second base." image
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    There are several "Peanuts" websites, officiall and otherwise that could probably find that strip and
    email a copy to you. Another possibility is the "Complete Peanuts" books that are arranged by year, if you
    can find out what year it was and go to a place like a Barnes and Noble bookstore which should have them
    and take a digital camara picture of the strip (that is if you don't want to buy the whole book). Be careful though,
    as B&N probably wouldn't like it if you did that of course. image
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I found someone online that specializes in the Peanuts comic strips with a baseball theme:

http://www.wezen-ball.com/2010-articles/january/calculating-charlie-browns-wins-losses-a-other-stats-introduction.html

They should be able to help you find the one you are looking for. Good luck.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No, I don't remember. Strangely I do remember what Charlie Brown wrote for his Joe Shalabotnik fan club letter:

"Last year Joe hit .143 and made some spectactular catches of routine fly balls. He also threw out a runner who had fallen down between first and second base." image >>

I found this strip... image

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    I do not remember the Peanut's comic in question, but the golfer Walter Hagen is the one who said “No one remembers who came in second.”image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No, I don't remember. Strangely I do remember what Charlie Brown wrote for his Joe Shalabotnik fan club letter:

"Last year Joe hit .143 and made some spectactular catches of routine fly balls. He also threw out a runner who had fallen down between first and second base." image >>

I found this strip... image

image >>

That's not the one, but I do remember that one.
  • Options
    Here is the one I was talking about. It's in several pieces, so you need to click the link below.

Joe Shalabotnik Fan News