Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1836 H10c 3 over inverted 3 question

No pic, cant get a good shot at this tiny thing.

Does the 3 over inverted 3 look the same as the one in the cherry pickers guide for 1834? I dont see the 1836 listed in the book (published 2006).

There is also a die crack that starts at 12 and runs down thru the cap and almost out the bottom of her hair. Dont know if this goes hand and hand with the 3 over inverted 3.

Are there any books that cover bust H10, dimes and quarters?

Thanks guys

Gary

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Here is a picture of an MS63 example I sold.

Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    FrozeninkFrozenink Posts: 446 ✭✭
    Commoncents05, That would be it. Thanks for the photo. I see it also has the die crack, so I am assuming if you see one you should have the other?

Gary

<< <i>Here is a picture of an MS63 example I sold.

image >>

• Options
    FrozeninkFrozenink Posts: 446 ✭✭
    I noticed that the pop report on these is only 3 coins at pcgs. Anyone know what it is ATS?

I just noticed that there is no coin submission # for the 1836 3 over inverted 3. Its in the redbook and the pcgs price guide. How would I submit this coin? ok figured out this question.

Gary
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 1836 3 over inverted 3 is the most common of seven die marriages in 1836. The variety is also known as the LM-3 or V-4. In later die stages, that crack to the cap becomes quite heavy and some cracks and a small cud can be found on the reverse. Use coin number 94288 when submitting.

even though the pop report says there are "only 3" you will have to understand that not too many people submit their coins with the coin number I listed above. There are hundreds of these coins out there

Here's an "unattributed on the holder" 3/inv 3 graded MS66 (early die stage):

• Options
    QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are there any books that cover bust H10, dimes and quarters?

Thanks guys

Gary >>

Here are the standard reference books for each of the series you mentioned...

"FEDERAL HALF DIMES 1792-1837" by Logan & McCloskey 1998

"EARLY UNITED STATES DIMES 1796-1837" by Davis, Logan, Lovejoy, McCloskey & Subjack 1984

"EARLY UNITED STATES QUARTERS 1796-1838" by Tompkins 2008

QN

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file