Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

UHR Question

pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
I'm thinking of using the CC special to have my UHR slabbed. Are they considerably more valuable in a PCGS Secure+ Slab compared with OGP? I see there's little difference between MS69 and 70, but I could always slip it back into the OGP if it comes back with the lower grade.
Thoughts or musings by the local experts?
Paul

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see a huge upside for you. It would have to be an unreal coin to get the plus on something like that. If you havent had it it graded for this long the plus should not change your mind.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only benefit of holdering a UHR in a Secure Plus holder would be for insurance and security purposes. I would send in a different coin if I had something beter.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Cant get a plus on a coin with a grade of 69 or 70.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cant get a plus on a coin with a grade of 69 or 70. >>

I was wondering the highest coin they would plus, Thanks!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Cant get a plus on a coin with a grade of 69 or 70. >>

I was wondering the highest coin they would plus, Thanks! >>

They only plus 45-58s and 62-68s.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no reason to send a UHR in for Secure Plus. You should definitely send something else.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I was aware that there were no "pluses" on 69 & 70, but thought that the slab might have an upside. I'll scour the rest of the collection and submit something else. (I guess scour might be an improper verb for numismaticsimage.)
    Paul
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't dwell on the "+" when sending something in. If you have a really nice, original coin you don't want future owners to mess with, having it BigOned is the best way to guard against that in the future.
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>There is absolutely no reason to send a UHR in for Secure Plus. You should definitely send something else. >>

How about - "it's free" That's as good of reason as any if you're going to get it slabbed anyway.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    free?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is absolutely no reason to send a UHR in for Secure Plus. You should definitely send something else. >>

How about - "it's free" That's as good of reason as any if you're going to get it slabbed anyway. >> >>

That still wouldn't be a good enough reason for me. SP offers two advantages: 1) the possibility of a + which means nothing to a coin that's probably a 69 or a 70 anyway and 2) the laser scanning which protects against future "doctoring" of the coin. This means nothing to a bullion coin.

So even with the CC special, I would send in anything else I had. If the UHR was the only coin I owned and I wanted it slabbed then fine, I would send it in, but I bet the OP owns something else that would benefit far more from SP than the UHR.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file