Home Sports Talk
Options

Raiders close to cutting Jamarcus Russell

A decision is expected before the end of this week, he will cost them a lot of money if they keep him and he has
been close to a total failure as QB. The bossman (Al Davis) has the final say so of course there is a possibility that they
may keep him considering how unpredictable Al is but I'm still guessing he will be let go.

A #1 pick in the 2007 draft he will probably go down as one of the all time NFL flops.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A decision is expected before the end of this week, he will cost them a lot of money if they keep him and he has
    been close to a total failure as QB. The bossman (Al Davis) has the final say so of course there is a possibility that they
    may keep him considering how unpredictable Al is but I'm still guessing he will be let go.

A #1 pick in the 2007 draft he will probably go down as one of the all time NFL flops. >>

I agree, and frankly, I can't see another team wanting him, although he could be invited to some NFL team camp, whereby they always have a few quarterbacks there for "cannon fodder".
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He might go down as the All-Time bust of all the busts.
  • Options
    I "could" see him resurrecting his career, but I highly doubt it. Some team will pick him up quick ...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Al will resign Jamarcus if he can prove to be the fastest quarterback in a sprint.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Reports are coming out that he has passed the 300lb mark this offseason and hasn't bothered with any conditioning. I think he know what was coming down and just decided to live it up.

Its kinda disgusting to see someone basically take the money and run like this but couldn't happen to a better person than Al Davis.

"He's a great quarterback, get over it"
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all of the money paid to Jamarcus Russell to date since he was drafted (actual net to him, in his pocket, after taxes and other deductions hsown on his paystub are withheld), I wonderhow much of it he has left?

In addition to him being a bust as an NFL player so far, it would be very sad indeed if he has squandered his money. If I had to guess, I would think that his ability to hang onto his money is limited.

He may have spent some time clubbing and "Making It Rain" without realizing that he is capable of only a "few scattered showers" before the clouds go away. Once you have bright, hot, sunny days without any precipitation in sight, evaporation will cause your reservior to dry up quickly.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    This is why the rookie salary cap is golden.

Sincerely
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut!

After stealing $40 million from the Raiders, he will probably be broke in 2 years.
  • Options
    Really can't see any team wanting him. He does have some talent, but he really doesn't seem to be a team player. At 300 pounds he may be able to play on the offensive line.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    notre dame made him the first pick with that bowl game performance, now he's out of the league. i never thought he was that good good just a great physical presence. it will be intersting to see if he signs wiht anyone
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started