Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1962 Mars Attacks- Attack From Space

I collect 1962 Mars Attacks cards, and recently I was looking at some cards that I bought years ago and noticed that some of them had a "P" stamped on the back of the card right below the story text, and above the "look for" box at the bottom. Through some research, I discovered that Mars Attacks was first released under the test name of Attack From Space, and that some of the cards were changed for the general release of Mars Attacks. Could these cards that I have be from the original Attack From Space release, and is there a way to tell the difference between the Attack From Space cards and Mars Attacks cards. I have been trying for quite some time to get to the bottom of this issue.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    First I've heard of this. If anyone here would know it would be Richard of Mintstate.

I thought I was well versed on Mars Attacks too.

Keep us posted.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Morning,
    I remember a couple of years ago Mastro or maye REA was selling some Topps Vault boxes or some such that were Attack from Mars as Test Mars Attacks. Anybody have any details? I do believe that there were no cards produced that differentiate between the two, don't know what your P is, probably just some store stamp or someting.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking (yeah I know) but the P could mean proof?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need scans. Could be cool stuff here.
    Mike
    Bosox1976