Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The Card Show Lottery....

I was at the Metrolina Expo in Charlotte NC with a fellow board member today. They were having their "every couple of months" card show. For laughs, I purchased a couple of boxes of the 2010 Razor Legends of the Diamond boxes. For those who are unfamiliar, these are all PSA 7 or better or vintage PSA/DNA autos of HOF'ers...One card per pack...$239/pack. I tried my luck with two and opened them in front of the dealer and my fellow board member. First pack yielded a 1957 Topps #215 Enos Slaughter PSA/DNA autograph (first PM gets this delivered for $20 PayPal gift).

Second pack yielded a nicely graded 1958 Topps #150 Mickey Mantle PSA 7.

Fun stuff. The Mantle was traded straight up for a 1956 Aaron PSA 7, a 1959 Aaron PSA 7 and a 1962 Aaron PSA 7.5. Probably could've done a little better with the trade, but the 3 Aarons are blazers and I was happy to make the deal.

Comments

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Mike very nice pickups... sounds like you did really well on the trade.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    PM sent image
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike you have some great luck, Get the phone ready, will be calling to get details on this shortly.

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Congrats on the great pack!
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Slaughter sold....
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Great story... and a great trade too!
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mike great hit. Bring those Aaron's with you on Wednesday so I can see them.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to buy another card lottery ticket or quit while your ahead. That was a hell of of a hit on that Mantle!
  • That was awesome man! Great hit!

Ryan image
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    congrats

sorry i missed the slaughter

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I was with Mike when he opened the boxes. I almost felt sorry for him as he opened the first box and only got the Slaughter auto ($239 auto at that). When he opened the second box and pulled the Mantle, I almost crapped myself. It was a very nice card. One dealer was falling all over himself to buy it (thought he would get it cheap). The three Aaron's Mike got are very nice. Especially the 62.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool beans -- let's see the Hanks!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Mike:

Here ya go. The 1965 was a purchase made from the same dealer I made the trade with. Mark didn't mention it, but the Mantle was a prolly 65/35 O/C top-bottom and left-right. Not really a card I woulda purchased, anyway, so I was very pleased to make the deal for the '56, '59, and '62.

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, Great looking cards I love the 56. BTW had fun today at the golf tourney. Thanks again for the invite.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    That 56 is stunning.

"Molon Labe"

<< <i>Mike, Great looking cards I love the 56. BTW had fun today at the golf tourney. Thanks again for the invite. >>

Thanks Sidepocket...this Aaron collection is really starting to get addictive! Especially when I am able to add cards like these 4 in one day!!

Bobby, I enjoyed it, as well. Glad you could make it down and also glad to see you got back to Rufaton, ok. Next year, we will be more prepared. Cameras and Sharpies for all!!

Just for kicks, here are a few pictures from last year during the Wednesday Pro-Am...