Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Brick of Cents-What we found

ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
Cool and rainy day here in the Philly suburbs so my 8 year old and I looked through a brick of cents.

Out of the 2500, we found

17 wheat cents (1920 being the oldest)
13 2009s
5 Canadians
322 copper

It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours with my son.

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Comments

• Options
    dirtybirddirtybird Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Good for you. You never know what you'll find and that's the fun of it. It's also cool and rainy in St Louis.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a low percentage of copper, but better than my average for wheats, see my post from last Wednesday, I found a 1901 Indian in a brick on Tuesday. I have searched about 350K cents over the last three years, and it is my oldest find ever.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like a low percentage of copper, but better than my average for wheats, see my post from last Wednesday, I found a 1901 Indian in a brick on Tuesday. I have searched about 350K cents over the last three years, and it is my oldest find ever. >>

I will be stopping by the bank tomorrow for another brick. Maybe more copper this time. Either way, my son enjoyed it a lot.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to get those young eyes searching for the Wide AM's.

God knows what youre giving back to the bank now, undetected.....feeling all warm and fuzzy with the 1920 lincoln and you just gave them back a $500 variety coin. image

PS...ask them for the "bottom brick"......the one thats been sitting in the vault since 1958 image
  • Options

<< <i>You need to get those young eyes searching for the Wide AM's.

God knows what youre giving back to the bank now, undetected.....feeling all warm and fuzzy with the 1920 lincoln and you just gave them back a $500 variety coin. image

PS...ask them for the "bottom brick"......the one thats been sitting in the vault since 1958 image >>

We will be looking through a lot more bricks. Thanks for the reminder. I wish I still had my young eyes but fortunately my son is learning to look for varieties. Wide AMs were in 1996, 1998, 1999, and 2000. Is that correct? Any other years?

Thanks again.

• Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Give your eyes plenty of rest breaks. I think I gained a few points on my prescription after peering at Lincolns for hours on end!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file