Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Wanted PSA 1972 Topps Football

Hi All
Im looking for the following 1972 Topps Football Cards PSA 9 (will consider 8.5 depending on centering)

#8 NFC Scoring Ldrs
58 Ken Bowman
140 Larry Csonka
157 Emmitt Thomas
162 Ernie Kellerman
166 Clint Jones
190 Bubba Smith
192 Gary Garrison
203 Tom Beer
211 Bill Nelsen
220 John Brodie
237 Dave Lewis
242 Glen Ray Hines
257 LC Greenwood IA
290 John Gilliam
293 Jack Pardee
312 Jim Marsalis
314 Tom McNeil
320 Bob Wallace
348 George Blanda IA
350 Rich Jackson IA

Comments

• Options
    Anybody?

Registry Guys?

Any info that could lead me to some?

John
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    AGAIN?
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Do you have 351 in PSA 9? Last card my buddy needs for a complete high series in 9.
  • Options
    Good luck on the set.
  • Options
    Currently setting at #3 on the Registry.
    No I only have an 8 on the #351 Ken Willard Card.

Gonna be a tough catch for your Buddy. Theres only 5 or 6 Psa 9's

There's one on ebay right now $1,500. No doubt Ive spent some coin on my set, But I would Absolutely Never give Crazy money
    like that for common card just because its a "Low Pop" I'll stick with my 8.

1972 Ken Willard #351 PSA 9

Does your Friend only do the Hi#'s?

Keep me post on any you may come across.

Take Care
    John
  • Options
    John,

Sent you a pm.

Frank
  • Options
    My buddy is LUChampions, just above you in the set. Greg has been putting this set together since he first bought packs back in 1972
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    I think the pop #'s for the Willard card might be off a little. I know one of the 9's has been cracked and re-subbed at least once and maybe twice. I also think that the second series is tougher to find in high grade and centered than the highs are.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>I think the pop #'s for the Willard card might be off a little. I know one of the 9's has been cracked and re-subbed at least once and maybe twice. I also think that the second series is tougher to find in high grade and centered than the highs are. >>

I have to disagree with you on the centering. The 2nd series was printed is less quantity than the first which is why you don't see the huge pops. I never had a problem tracking down solid 2nd series cards. I completed this set in 2006 in PSA 8 and 9 and sold it off. I am slowly, and I stress slowly getting back into the set. While I am getting back in I am helping out Greg with his set.

Now for the Willard. I know one 9 was cracked out and came back a 9 but I don't know if the pop report was updated. Anyhow, tough card. Is it worth $1500 that BMW wants? Nope, not even close. Now if it were Namath or Rayfield Wright as the last card that thing would command a huge dollar amount.

• Options

FarveFan

Well then of coarse Ive seen Greg's Set! Im sure that lone 9 in his Hi# set is just killing him.
    I had two very nice #351 Willard's both came back 8's.
    At least his set is complete. Like Greg and yourself Ive built the set multiple times over the years since
    my youth. I still maintain A raw set as well. I really could have my PSA set complete if I wanted to just fill it out with
    8's.

I would have to say the hardest ones for me are the 2nd Series cards.

Of the 19 cards I need, 12 are from the 2nd Series. In the last 3-5 years I have yet to see a PSA 8 #211 Bill Nelsen, let alone a 9.
    Same with the #237 Dave Lewis and #162 Ernie Kellerman Cards.

I also know there is the preception about how scare the 3rd series is. Ive never experienced any difficulty in finding
    higher grade 3rd series cards. A few like the #351 Wiilard are lower pop's, but not any more so than other cards from the set.
    Any more they seem to be more available than series 1 & 2

Take Care Guys!
    John