Options

CICF Heritage Wins Please

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got this Taler I was tracking.

Ruler: Leopold V
Mint: Hall (Tirol)
Date: 16ZZ (1622)
Grade: NGC AU-55

Have a couple more bids pending, we'll see.

Comments

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup Zohar. I was wondering which ones were on your target list. Did you notice the interest in the Hungarian Rudolf II piece today? Lot 22023.

link
  • Options
    That piece has really been hyped. I have never seen such pricing for the piece.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Z. A great looking coin. The 22 in the date looks a lot like two Zs. image
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice Zohar ... my day comes tommorrow. Kinda serious about a few pieces .. the bidding looks very strong though
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I won 7/9 tonight and at some very low bids (save for 1). If I had had more of a budget, I would have been buying the Brit like crazy. Mostly cheap IMO.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I thought some of the early copper was going very cheap so got these while the getting was good. The Ch. II 1/2d is in a PF58 holder. The William and Mary 1/2d is in an MS62 holder and the obverse is the best I have seen on one of these, almost no porosity and nicely struck. While the reverse is not as nice it's still above average.

The Charles II P-404 is one of the official patterns engraved by John Roettier. The figure of Britannia on the reverse is considered by some to be a likeness of Francis Stewart Duchess of Richmond, although there is no real evidence for this. The revese legend reads 'I Claim the 4 Seas', this was removed for the regular issue coins. Population is 2/0, and it sold really cheap I thought.

Dies for this issue were engraved by either James or Norbert Roettier and although rolled and cut blanks were specified cast blanks were often used, I think this one is a pop1/0 coin and was really surprised at how cheap it was.

For Silver I picked up the 1811 18 Pence in 66 for my Geo. III type set:

1819 Shilling in 66 for my date set of Geo. III Shillings:

1824 Shilling in 64 for my type set:

• Options
    Couldn't resist buying a second of this type.

Diameter: 25.6 mm.
    Weight: 7.3 gr.
    Edge: Smooth.
    Obverse: Palm tree; "Israel" in Hebrew and Arabic.
    Origin of motif: Bar-Kochba coin
    (132 - 135 C.E.).
    Reverse: The denomination "100 Pruta" and the date in Hebrew; two stylized olive branches.
    Alloy: Steel 90%, nickel 10%.
    Date of issue: April 21, 1955.

The utrecht variety is one of the most famous rarities in the Israel trade coin series. The smaller wreath (farther from rim) variety was struck using in the Royal Dutch Mint at utrecht. Sylvia Haffner writes: "The 1954 reduced size 100 Pruta was withdrawn from circulation shortly after issue when it was discovered that the similarity in size to the 50 Pruta led to confusion between the two. The number of coins destroyed is not available. The difference between the Berne and utrecht dies was not discovered until 1960, three years after the coins were released in 1957.

Only about 1,000 of the utrecht die variety are presently believed to exist. Most I have seen are in VF-XF condition.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one I managed to link finally...an 1816 1/4 Guilder from Essequibo & Demerary in a rather pleasing condition that I took a big liking for...

• Options
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one keeper...

imageimage
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Thanks to Andy's (Mr. Eureka) representation, I scored BIG at the auction with 13 won lots! Stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for many years! If anyone is interested (Roman or Bill image ), please PM me. I'd like to post pics, but I've been on my wife's computer for six weeks now (mine is in litigation with my computer guy) and can't post pics myself (or links). Any generosity on that end would be greatly appreciated.
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    Nice group, Gary.

Edited to save space.
  • Options
    Gary you really did some damage!!
    Great pickups image
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gary you really did some damage!!
    Great pickups image >>

I second that !!
  • Options
    Thanks Bill, for posting these. Thanks Zohar and Conrad, for the compliment. Thanks Andy, for being my eyes, ears and paddle!

1768 Bolivia (PTS) 4 Reales VF+
    imageimage

1769/8 Bolivia (PTS) 4 Reales UNC, old cleaning (probably, finest known)
    imageimage

1770 Bolivia (PTS) 4 Reales EF
    imageimage

1767 Bolivia (PTS) 8 Reales NGC AU55 (finest known) replaces my Whittier EF45 RRRRR
    imageimage

1783/2 Bolivia (PTS) 8 Reales NGC EF40 (AU) rare in this grade
    imageimage

1796/3 Bolivia (PTS) 1 Escudo EF ish (all Bolivian Colonial non 8 Escudo gold is very scarce to rare)
    imageimage

1806 Bolivia (PTS) 1 Escudo VF (mintage; 206 pieces, see above)
    imageimage

1807 Bolivia (PTS) 1 Escudo VF+ (mintage 1123 pieces, see above)
    imageimage

1825 Bolivia (PTS) 8 Reales NGC 61 (original skin, looks nicer than NGC's grade, struck in medal rotation)
    imageimage

1808 Bolivia (PTS) 8 Reales Proclamation for Ferdinand VII, NGC AU58, totally original!
    imageimage

1841 Bolivia (PTS) 1 Sol Proclamation (finest known for type, Whittier coll.)
    imageimage

1827 Bolivia (PTS) 8 Soles NGC 61 (Grade on holder does not due justice to this first year type!)
    imageimage

1827 Bolivia (PTS) 1/2 Sol (Constituci variety) NGC 65 goes with my regular variety, Whittier NGC 66!
    imageimage >>

Thanks for looking! image
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMFG! you scored bigimage
  • Options
    A few odds and ends for my type sets.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    All very nice toned pieces. Well done.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    8 more today. I went for broke and now I am. Will post selected bits when they arrive.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone here win this one? Seems like it was one of the great bargains of the sale.