ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
Enjoy the Lombardi Trophy while you have it, Saints fans. It's gone next year:

Brees on cover of 'Madden NFL 11'

Comments

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the curse was broken a couple years ago IIRC.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I don't know. If you look at that list, Vince Young has had a crappy career to this point. Brett Favre's season in NY wasn't a success. All the rest have had bad things happen to them. Larry Fitzgerald might be the only exception. One thing for sure, nobody who has appeared on the cover, ever had a "great" season. We'll see what Brees does. I'm hoping he chokes, God I hate the Saints.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Brees will break the jinx. The Saints will get back to the playoffs. How can anybody hate the Saints?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How can anybody hate the Saints? >>

LET ME COUNT THE WAYS!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know. If you look at that list, Vince Young has had a crappy career to this point. Brett Favre's season in NY wasn't a success. All the rest have had bad things happen to them. Larry Fitzgerald might be the only exception. One thing for sure, nobody who has appeared on the cover, ever had a "great" season. We'll see what Brees does. I'm hoping he chokes, God I hate the Saints. >>

That's it -- Fitzgerald broke the jinx. Brees is safe.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How can anybody hate the Saints? >>

It's all that "who dat" crap. Reminds me of the NBA thugs. That's honestly the only reason I hate them, is that phrase.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I suppose that's valid. Having grown up in New Orleans, I remember it being a popular high school football chant way before the Saints adopted it. I think it is not unlike that annoying Viking horn that plays whenever the Vikings do something in the Metrodome. I'm sure the Vikings fans love it, but it is annoying. But I don't hold that against the Vikings. What I do remember about the Vikings that was a reason to dislike them was a game in 1977 when the Vikings beat the Saints 41-7 in the opener. When Bud Grant was asked about it afterwards he said "It was like taking candy from a baby." So, when we opened up 1978 with Tommy Myers picking three Vikings passes in route to a 31-24 win, we were very happy to remember those remarks. And the Vikings beat the Saints twice in the playoffs. But I harbour no ill will towards the Vikings. Especially Brett Favre.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.