Home Sports Talk
Options

Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan in the NFL draft

Not exactly a well known name but he has potential I think.

From the Buffalo News:

Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan

6-3, 230

Draft projection: Third or fourth round.

NFL scouts should have a rock-solid read on LeFevour. He started 51 games in college and threw for 12,905 yards with 102 TDs and 36 INTs. He started all but two games of his freshman year. He completed 69.7 percent of his passes as a senior, working mostly out of the spread offense. He has worked with quarterback guru Zeke Bratkowski since the end of the season to tighten up his throwing motion.

On his best strength: “I’d say accuracy, from the standpoint that I had the highest completion percentage – going into the bowl game – in the nation. Our offense is geared a little bit toward that with screens and short passes and things like that. But you’ve got to be able to manage that offense because an incomplete pass in the spread is kind of like a turnover, so to speak, because it stalls you and gets you out of plays.’’

Comments

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I watched him a few times when he played against Purdue - it seemed like he always had good games against us!

I wouldn't be surprised if he did well in the pros like some of the other MAC QB's that came before him (Pennington, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, etc.)
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't be surprised if he did well in the pros like some of the other MAC QB's that came before him (Pennington, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, etc.) >>

Absolutely. MAC QBs usually come in under the radar and tend to surprise with their abilities.

I'll add Charlie Batch to your list.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.