Home Sports Talk

2010 NFL Draft

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
Thoughts on the draft? The Thursday format this year will be interesting; not sure if I will like it or not but will at least give it a shot. I wonder what the Raiders will do this year?

Comments

• Love Draft day. What is even better is watching years past, when you KNOW how it turns out. I am hoping somehow, we get Tebow... Not many agree with me, but Minnesota needs this guy! He will take over for Brett Favre in 2 years, and continue this amazing run we started, and didn't finish last season.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Love Draft day. What is even better is watching years past, when you KNOW how it turns out. I am hoping somehow, we get Tebow... Not many agree with me, but Minnesota needs this guy! He will take over for Brett Favre in 2 years, and continue this amazing run we started, and didn't finish last season. >>

Tebow is projected at best to be late first or second round. My guess is second or third round.
  • I just see some team taking a flyer on this kid. He is a leader, I have a feeling he will go before the Vikings pick (#30).
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Come on this is the day before the draft! Where is the excitement? Who are you hoping for on YOUR team? I was REALLY wanting Adrian Peterson in the '07 draft, and I still remember when we got him. I was driving to a lake fishing with a non sports fan and had nobody to brag with. I REALLY want Tebow this year.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always great entertainment to me, and with the Eagles having so many picks, this draft will be very interesting and most enjoyable to watch for a lot of Eagles fans.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Minnesota dudes -- what's the latest on Brett Favre?

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    For the Vikes I'm hoping for some defensive secondary help. I'm not a big Tebow fan.
  • Favre will be back.
    We signed Lito Shepard today, so this Tebow rumor has legs....
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• JIMfromDCJIMfromDC Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I am patiently waiting to see how the redskins will screw up tonight - I swear if we draft a quarterback I am jumping sides to the Ravens. With the amount of O linemen in this draft we should spend all of our picks on them.

I like the new draft format with round 2 on Friday - it gives teams a day to regroup and maybe get some trades flying that wouldn't be there if all rounds were the same day.
    Tickle Your Fancy Currency

Collector of DC Nationals (want list in yellow)
  • UphillUphill Posts: 359 ✭✭
    I enjoy listening to the boos from the Jets' fans when their pick is made.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoy listening to the boos from the Jets' fans when their pick is made. >>

There was a clip in the SI.Com Hot Clicks site yesterday with some of those. They are classic!
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am patiently waiting to see how the redskins will screw up tonight >>

Jim,

LOL, I'm right there with you buddy! Every year we say we're going to rebuild the O-line and then we never do. And every year it comes back to haunt us during the season.

The LT Okung seems to be the odds on favorite for us at #4. However personally, I like Trent Williams better, and I'm hoping we can do some trading to land him, along with some other picks. Once again we have the fewest picks in the draft, and a ton of needs.

I think with Haynesworth, Jason Campbell, Portis, MacIntosh, Landry, and Cooley all being talked about as possible trade bait, it could be another crazy week around Redskins park.

Being a Redskins fan ... you have to be prepared for anything tonight. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we trade up and get Bradford, or if we stick at 4 and take one of the O-linemen, or the saftey, or one of the defensive linemen, linebackers, etc. The smart move would probably be to try and trade down and dump a few of our trade guys to get some more picks ... but that's easier said than done.

Of course, they'll probably take a kicker with the #4 pick and fool us all! LOL

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the Pats get one of the top 2-3 RB's - and/or trade for Haynesworth. Love to see Big Ben get his azz kicked out of Pitt too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    From what I have heard the Redskins are looking to trade the #4 pick for multiple picks later in the draft if
    they can find anyone interested and of course has the kind of draft positions they are interested in.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I am happy Detroit got Suh. I feel bad for him (lol), but hope he can help turn the D around. I think the pick everyone has to pay attention to is Graham to the Eagles. I'm not high on this kid because he played for Michigan. I'm high on him because I'm not sure I've ever seen a kid play the way he does. The knock on him was that he was a little small, but anybody who watched him play for the last two years knows that he played bigger than nearly everybody on the field each week. I've met Brandon a few times and he is a genuine kid and a supremely amazing talent. I wish him luck in Philly.

Did Detroit draft Suh so that it would be difficult for the fans to tell if others were booing or not? SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! image
  • Tebow to Denver, amazing draft for the Broncos so far.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

<< <i>Tebow to Denver, amazing draft for the Broncos so far. >>

Detroit drafting Best was a nice surprise. Hopefully he can stay healthy because he's an absolute beast when he plays. I'm very happy with their draft to this point. They don't have many picks, so gotta hope they make 'em count.
  • Yeah kinda shocked we traded to Detroit but whatever, I guess you owe us one ! Detroit has a future !
    Am I speaking Chinese?

<< <i>Yeah kinda shocked we traded to Detroit but whatever, I guess you owe us one ! Detroit has a future ! >>

I'm actually shocked at the moves they've made over the last couple of years. Without Millen, I'm starting to remember what a football team is suppose to do to get going in the right direction. Another couple years and they may actually start competing on a regular basis... maybe. image
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    So to sum up what my Ravens have done...

They essentially trade the 25th overall pick for Anquan Boldin, a mid 2nd round pick, a mid 5th round pick, and upgrades to their 3rd and 4th round picks.

Ozzie is outplaying everyone again. image
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm actually shocked at the moves they've made over the last couple of years. Without Millen, I'm starting to remember what a football team is suppose to do to get going in the right direction. Another couple years and they may actually start competing on a regular basis... maybe. image >>

It does look the Lions are *finally* starting to turn the corner and laying a foundation to build on. Amazing what can happen when you get an inept GM out of the picture...
  • I liked the Bills 1st pick

Goodbye Marshawn!

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I am happy to have picked Dez Bryant with the 24th pick, hopfully he pulls himself together and stays out of trouble.
  • I've been living under a rock lately.

Does anyone know WTF happened to Dwyer?

<< <i>I am happy to have picked Dez Bryant with the 24th pick, hopfully he pulls himself together and stays out of trouble. >>

The guy has tons of talent. The only thing that made me laugh when I saw the pick is that he stood up and has pants hangin' to the back of his arse. Ugh. People!!! Pants are meant to be worn over your behind!!!