Home Sports Talk
Options

Bad news for those who don't like Chris Berman

He just signed a new multiyear contract with ESPN.

Berman says: "This is my home. I'd love to finish here, and I'm going to. I'll be here as long as they'll have me".

Comments

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Thanks for making my day. If he's on, I won't tune into ESPN period
  • Options
    *facepalm*
    1930's-1950's Cleveland Indians Collector.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK.......
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He.....could.....go..... image
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave "Death" Valle

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, I like him image

Best nickname ever:

John "Tonight let it be" Lowenstein imageimage

Steve
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    He's like Saunders and Bobley (so senior that you rarely even see them anymore.) That suits me fine with him but I like those other two guys.
  • Options

<< <i>He just signed a new multiyear contract with ESPN.

Berman says: "This is my home. I'd love to finish here, and I'm going to. I'll be here as long as they'll have me". >>

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He is good on NFL Sunday and the recap. He just needs to stay away from baseball.
  • Options
    I am also in the "Can't stand him" club....

Then again, ESPN as a whole has went downhill IMO the last few years...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    The only thing worse than hearing this news last night was hearing it from Stuart Scott on SportsCenter.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I actually liked him a lot back in the early 80's when he did the baseball highlights. Now, I think he is a parody of himself. Kinda like John Madden got after a few years.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alert "For Whom the Bell Tolls" Bell.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Mike "Your in Good Hands with" Alstott
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I think the novelty of adding the nicknames to just about every player wore off years ago....it was nice and different in the beginning but like everything else it got old....