Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Australia 1952 Shilling Error Circulated

Australia 1952 Shilling Error Circulated

I have had this coin since the 1960's and it had obviously circulated before I received it.

I am surprised that such a malformed coin didn't go into somebody's coin box much sooner.

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice one. Quality control at the Royal Mint branch in Melbourne can't have been too good in the 50's as such errors are not uncommon, with 1952, 1954, and 1958 being particularly good years for broadstruck shillings in Australia. I have a couple from these years and my partner has what I call 'the 1954 broadstruck shilling hoard' with 9 or 10 1954 broadstruck shillings sitting in her error album. Back onto the subject of 1952 shilling errors, here's the best one I have, rescued from an old collection from a PVC album where it was coated in yucky green slime. Acetone got it off but sadly the surfaces are etched to some degree.

Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    physicsfan314physicsfan314 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Love the double struck! I have a half penny that's off center, slabbed as AU-50:

• Options
    physicsfan314physicsfan314 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Bonus round, heres a pretty severe lamination:

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    These are Great guys!!image