Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Who likes the PSA Showcase?

Hello,

Just getting into the Set Registry and noticed the Showcase. Also read about it in April's SMR. What's the word? If this the right place to display my cards or should I just start a set and focus my efforts there?
I'm here for information....

Always looking for Gwynn, Gibson, and Neikro in High Grade.

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to the board...

It depends on your style of collecting. If you like collecting cards from different sets and different years then the showcase may be the way to go. If you are more focused working on sets wether it's player sets, team sets or a complete set of a particular year then go the route of completing a particular set.

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and most important have fun doing it and don't let someone else dictate how you should collect.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree , it depends on your style of collecting habits

the are some registry sets that are very focused, team or year. you can go HOF or 300 wins, 500 HRs...3000 hits
    if those don't work well use a showcase. you can define your own "set" ..players you watched as a kid, best shortstops... it can be endless to your imagination

in the end
    have fun with collecting

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    unless you have a real unqiue collection, say people with cards from the city you were born in most will be found in the regular registry.

i have one that i have up there of auto'd cards of players that have caught TD's from favre. when he finally retires i might request it but there really isnt a good spot for it on the registry.

i think sets kinda get lost there.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I'm collecting the RCs of all the players on the roster of the last two championship Bears teams '63 & '85
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to the boards! image

I requested a complete topps baseball checklist set, and PSA doesn't want to go in that direction just yet, so I decided to start my own checklist set, since I have a checklist fetish image

Paulie's topps Baseball checklist set Its listed under the miscellaneous sets.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm collecting the RCs of all the players on the roster of the last two championship Bears teams '63 & '85 >>

well you might have a long wait for your next set to work on!!!! image
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Aaron Rodgers meet Julius Peppers