Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Just a reminder-if you're a trip contributor, you're an automatic entry in this giveaway.

Hi, please go here to see what
you're automatically entered to win from NEN Coins and BMC at the end of April as a LordM trip contributor.
Odds are 1 in 68, pretty good odds-get on board today for a good cause.image

Leave a comment-it never hurts...
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    I'm a new member and would like more info on donating. No idea if I'll be able to, but i can see if i can. Is there a link or something?

And can he take a 190 pound suitcase?
    <><><><><><>sig<><><><><><>

Love Errors and Varieties

<><><><>

WTB an error forum!
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Hi Billy,
    We've set up a separate website with info and stories on LM's adventures - check it out

We're trying to make it possible for him to go metal detecting in England - probably every MDer's dream! - and every little bit counts. It's always a joy to read his trip reports and he's a stand up guy who's helped so many of us, so we want to be able to help him in this. If you can spare a few dollars or even a few coins to help build the trip fund, that'd be great! Get in touch with laurentyvan either through the website or private message here if you can help. Other contributors are helping to turn this into a community event, where we have giveaway prizes possible for all contributors. Something we're all looking forward to!

Welcome to the forum btw!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, NEN, for your generosity! I won an NEN giveaway in the past.

Odd thing... though I've enjoyed window-shopping their website many times, I don't think I've actually been a paying customer yet.

Now that they're a "Send LordM to Europe" sponsor I guess I'd better change that!

I shall try to buy something from NEN in the coming year.

PS- thanks, Billy.

A 190-pound suitcase, you say? Would that be with or without airholes? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of LM as I was reading my latest National Geographic today.
    Although not coin related, there's a story about a trove of Celtic gold (650 A.D.) found found by a metal detector in Straffordshire, England.
    The trove likely belonged 'to a ruler of Mercia.'

The lucky MD'er will have to split the proceeds of a hoped for multi-million dollar auction with the property owner.

One a million long shot I know, but Ah, the thrill of the hunt!
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    We just added a contributor-the big drawing is this friday evening and will be performed by lordM-please check your pm's Rob...image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato