Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA registry gives no respect to new player set composition !

I have been waiting two months for PSA to add a card to the player composite for my Rod Carew master set. I finally got word that it has been added and was sorely disappointed in the weight value of 4 attached to this very hard to find card. Has this happened to other board members and does PSA ever reevaluate these values ? The card in question is a 1968 Topps Action All Star Sticker of Rod Carew and the total population on this card is 1 !!!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war

Comments

• Options
    Please don't get me started - In some cases it appears as if they roll a set of dice to determine the weights. Supposedly they will "consider" suggestions, but I have never tried to submit one..................YET. I actuall tried to get support from the other player set collectors for my player (Roberto Clemente) - although they expressed similar concern, None of them followed through on a propsed weighting redistribution I put together. Do remember their criteria for weighting is based on a PSA 8 value scale. Be well. Happy collecting and GOOD LUCK - you will need it to face the folks at PSA
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    the first question is what is the value of the item. the value determines the weight not the "rareness" of the item. what is the value compared to a Rookie and 68 Venezuelan.

i have had issues before with some of my favre cards, where they listed a 1/25 insert with the same weight as a regular card from the same set. when i showed them the price difference they corrected the issue. but you will have to have your facts in hand when emailing the either BJ or Cosetta. they will help you out, but it is best if you provide them with either Ebay sales records or beckett prices. Ebay sales work the best in my book as for me too many of my cards arent beckett listed.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Well, it's only 1/3 of the card so the weighted value is really 12 image

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    PSA actually removed that card from my Santo Master Set per their new rules so be thankful they at least included it in your set at all. Now at least I have an example of a set that they included it in so I can revisit my argument.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The other question is this: Did you submit the card yourself? If so, with a total population of 1, how would PSA know what the value is? It has never sold. So, they take a guess.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    pop report numbers have nothing to do with weighting. weighting is all done by $ value of the cards in the entire set. email Cosetta and she should be able to provide you with the weighting table for the Carew Master set. from there you need to find out what the $ value is in NM-Mint condition (PSA 8). then use the table they email you to determine if the weight they have listed matches. as i said before if you have documention as what you paid for the card, ie via ebay, that will help you to get the weight increased if necessary.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's