Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

SP coins are Not circulation coins.

LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
The people that make the sets should not let SMS or Satin finish coins into sets in the regisrty that are designated as "Circulation".

My rant for the day after going threw my set ofUnited States Half Dollars Date Set, Circulation Strikes (1794-Present) and reseleting the right coins after using the add best option.

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the NGC registry, you have to have both the SMS/SP and the busines strikes, which is a little more reasonable. At PCGS, you only need one and most go with the SMS/SP coins cause that is what is in mint sets these days. I sympathize with your complaint.
  • Options
    Geeze, Lincoln collectors won't even respond to this subject any longer. Check it out! We're blue in the face. imageimageimage That's me, WaterSport, and AllCoinsRule.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUT, I do find it interesting that PCGS has FINALLY sorted them out and put them on the price guide where they belong - with the other SMS coins. They are missing an opportunity here for new sets...and fixing the problem THEY created.

I think Don Willis is the only person that never heard the rant - Don, want to talk??????

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome half dollar set by the way! It's coming along nicely! >>

Two upgrades and one new date are in the mail now.image
  • Options
    I have ranted about this since the beginning of the SF mess but nouthing has changed guess it's not a big deal to PCGS. My set of Kennedy's will remain a true Circulation set that's the best I can do about this mess.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Member here since Nov 01
    Franklins
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Dan
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    While I agree "SP coins are Not circulation coins" it is also true that Mint Set coins, prior to Satin Finish, were not circulation coins either. They were created on special high pressure machines.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson