Home Precious Metals
Options

Canadian old flat and thin 50 ounce englehard...............

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
..........with the bull on it, is a 3.00 an ounce premium fair for this bar? Seller wants 1050.00 plus 20 shipping. Thanks-------------BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bull? Don't think i know that one.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Its the type 1 50 0z bar on AboutAg's website, looking for his site but cant find it lol-------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Seems fair to me ... I would buy it for that. That being said, I would try to get the seller to waive the $20.00 shipping fee.

Brian
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A bull? Don't think i know that one.
    TD >>

Actually, it's a head attached to the end of the long rectangle with the ENGELHARD logo to look like a caterpillar. It's a bit stylized but you can see the eye and the two antennas. No way does it look like a bull.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A bull? Don't think i know that one.
    TD >>

Actually, it's a head attached to the end of the long rectangle with the ENGELHARD logo to look like a caterpillar. It's a bit stylized but you can see the eye and the two antennas. No way does it look like a bull. >>

I've been asking around on the dealer network, and nobody calls it a bull. Someone said that they thought that it meant that the bar was made at their Canadian facility, but that is just a suggestion at this point.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I always thought it was a bull.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taurus astrological symbol:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    AboutAgAboutAg Posts: 201 ✭✭

<< <i>Actually, it's a head attached to the end of the long rectangle with the ENGELHARD logo to look like a caterpillar. It's a bit stylized but you can see the eye and the two antennas. No way does it look like a bull. >>

I've been asking around on the dealer network, and nobody calls it a bull. Someone said that they thought that it meant that the bar was made at their Canadian facility, but that is just a suggestion at this point.
    >>

In the collector's market, I've only seen it referred to as 'bull'. I don't think it was designed to be a caterpillar, though, as it doesn't always appear next to the rectangle (for example, it appears in the 'E' globe logo on some 1oz bars).