Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ANOTHER RED Friday

Another Friday is opon us. As usual the Merc sets have RED.
Congrats all on the new listings and upgrades.
My set is also red. This will be the last for me for a while.

Ray

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage No RED for Me. Tough Ones are Getting Hard to Find and Very Spendy.
      Now to be a Salesman. Ray: You REALLY need the 31D that I have on eBay if it stays within Reason Price wise. Pretty MS64FB White Coin. High End IMO but not a Crack Out Coin. A Link to the Auction is over on the Buy,Sell,Trade Forumn if anyone is interested.
        Have a Nice Day Everyone: Ken
      1. Options
        gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
        Good show Ray.Hope im still on the boardimage .Ken i know the fealing$$.I havn't bought a coin in some time(i keep getting outbid) i think there going up in price?.I do have a high bid in another Kritzman 26-S but not holding my breath.Good luck to allimage.Al
      2. Options
        BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
        Aww, come on Ray.....You have to be a little more compulsive than that.imageimageimage
        AKA kokimoki
        the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
        Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
        To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
        [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
      3. Options
        MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
        Given that I have no upgrades, all I can say is that you with all the red are commies!!!

Mark
        Mark

4. Options
        DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
        I see that I have temporarily slid to 20th place (again!), but I have two new coins that I picked up today at the Baltimore show. I didnt see a single 39-S Ken. In fact the pickings were pretty slim. I bought a 36-D in 66 and just before I left someone had one in 67, but I didnt want to go 300 for the coin. I am happy with my $65 MS-66... such is life on a budget.

My other comment is that finding Mercs at a show is hard work. Well I should qualify this by saying if you want PCGS graded Mercs that are not from the 40s. I did see a couple of coins I passed on because they are available on the internet and if I want them I can always pay the postage.

At the rate we are going it will take 50% complete pretty soon to be in the top 20. Keep rocking everyone!
        Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
      5. Options
        Rick: Thanks a Million for Looking !!
          Just got back from watching the B&M Auction on eBay. Its a BLACK Friday for Me. Was the Under Bidder on both Mercs I had Bids on.image Darn I REALLY......REALLY Wanted both of them. Both PCGS MS64 Dimes. 27D and 27S. The D went for $320 + 15% and the S went for $500 +15%. image
            Oh Well another chance will come up.imageimage
              One good thing did happen today. PCGS finally got the 20 Pictures that were re-done posted into the Set.
                Bummed Out For a Little While: Ken
              1. Options
                MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                Ken:

I am sure that Bowers and Merena appreciates your underbid because you forced the winning bidder higher. I am equally sure that the winning bidder is a lot less appreciative!

Mark
                Mark

2. Options
                I held off adding those (less graded) dimes that I discussed earlier in the week....image
                Ken; I was hoping that you would get those two dimes, I'll second that "DANG" for you...image
                Congrats on all the upgrades and adds everyone...... I did manage to get all my pics loaded tonight for my buffalo set, still working on the mercs...
                I will get them too, before the weekend is out..I hope.......
                Good luck all!!!!!!!!
                Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
              3. Options
                So, who pulled their set?

I added my 2nd set, it comes in at #36, and there are still two #39s!! image
                More than just red in there, Mark! Got some white and blue too! (and gold,green, lavender, etc.) image
                And just so that Ken's not the only salesman, here, any white ones are for sale. image
                Ray,
                Though it won't help your set' ranking, I know that you have a nice '45 micro S that will keep you in the red a little longer. image
                Ken,
                Sorry that you had to settle for under-bidder! image
                Don't fret, there'll be others! image
                I just picked up another '30S today at my local dealer. Now here's one you'd like to see a picture of. It has a gorgeous gold, fading through copper/orange/red/magenta/blue cresent on the top right obv. It doesn't have bands, but that's not a requirement for my 2nd set. I bought it raw, and it's now on it's way to PCGS. Paid 4 money, but hopin' for a 5! image

Congrats to you guys on your pics. I hope I can do it someday! image

Regards,

Don

Sweetly Toned Winged Liberty and
                FULL Heads RULE!
              4. Options
                CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                There's no red next to my name, either - maybe next week. I'm lucky I didn't lose any ground

I was outbid on 2 Mercs in the B & M auction today, the 1919-D in 64 and 1924-D in 64FB. They went for $420 and $440, plus 15%. It seems there weren't many bargains in the Mercs. Did anyone else here have any luck?

Jim
                Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
              5. Options
                Jim:
                  Which 24D did you bid on ?? The one that was Raw,I think, just had one fantastic strike I thought. As far as bargains in the Auction the Dimes that I watched all seemed to go for Solid Prices. Seems like that is also true on eBay.
                    Don: The 30S that you picked up sounds alot like the one I have in a NGC holder. Its a 64 also that some day will get Cracked and submitted to PCGS. IMO its a sure 65 also. Remember though that is just IMO. I've been FOOLED before.imageimage Do not know which Set was dropped but one sure was. A set was also dropped over at NGC today . It was in the #3 position and now is gone.
                      Take Care: Ken
                        Is this thing below worth Any Thing ??
                      1. Options
                        tggrtggr Posts: 748
                        Hey Kory,
                        Linda has put a hault to my compulsiveness. LOL.

Don and a great looking dime it is tks.
                        Deep when you add your 2 coins you will pass me again.
                        Ken I bid on your dimes on ebay but I think they will go to high for me.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Ray
                        imageimage:coolimage
                      2. Options
                        Ray:
                          I saw that you did. For some reason that thing has went Crazy IMO. Its Nice but with 3+ days left it is way over Gray Sheet Ask. 31D's do well on eBay for some reason. I paid good Money for it so right about now I'm even. Thanks for bidding but I would not go any higher.
                            Boy what a Sales Person I am.imageimage
                          1. Options
                            CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                            Ken, here is the 1924-D I bid on. It was PCGS and looked like a decent coin. I'm not a fanatic about full bands, but after seeing that there was only a $25 difference between a 64 and a 64FB, I don't think I'd settle for a non-FB coin for that date.

Deepcoin, I also just bought a 36-D in 66. A nice-looking coin with nearly full bands. For esthetic and financial reasons, I like it better than a 65FB that would cost a lot more.

I hope I can participate in the "Red Scare" next week. image

Jim
                            Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                          2. Options
                            "For some reason that thing has went Crazy IMO."

Ken,
                            Looks like that crazy fingers guy started it all on the 20th! LOL image
                            I held off 'til whattheheck02 took your b.i.n. price away. I was hopin' for a good snipe at the end, but it looks like it's gotten too high for me. image
                            I'm sure that Mark's happy to hear that! image LOL
                            Nice goin'! image

Jim,
                            Your right. There doesn't seem to be any bargains on better date Mercs! image

Regards,

Don

Sweetly Toned Winged Liberty and
                            FULL Heads RULE!