Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1996 Select Certified Kirby Puckett Mirror Gold / 2021 Topps Puckett Superfractor

farmboy27farmboy27 Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
I am in the process of trying to complete the Kirby Puckett Master Set (Kory's Kirby Collection) and am trying to locate some graded/gradeable higher-end Puckett cards - especially the 1996 Leaf Signature Extended Century Marks and 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold cards.

If you should happen to have either of those cards or any other graded/gradeable Puckett cards for sale which could upgrade or add to my Registry set, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks.

Kory

Comments

• Options
    After a three-year hiatus from orginally posting this thread and nearly having a nervous breakdown earlier today from missing out on buying one of the above-listed cards on eBay for a fraction of its value by literally seconds (after 17 years of searching, nonetheless), I thought I'd try going this route again.

The item in question is a 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Kirby Puckett card and by the time I clicked the listing, the card was obviously sold within a few minutes (or seconds?) of it being posted on eBay. That said, if anyone would happen to have one of the other 29 available for sale, feel free to contact me.

Aside from the '96 Mirror Gold Puckett, the same seller had quite a few other hard-to-find Puckett parallels that I've been searching for since their initial release of which were also apparently sold just before I could click the "Buy it Now" button. So, as long as I am at it, for anyone who may have any of these available and be interested helping me complete my Puckett set, here is a brief off-the-top-of-my-head list of a few other hard-to-find Puckett cards I am looking for:

1) 1992 Star Millennium Promo
    2) 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo
    3) 1995 Donruss Checklist Press Proof (looking to upgrade a PSA 7.5)
    4) 1995 Upper Deck Electric Diamond Gold
    5) 1996 Leaf Signature Press Proof Platinum
    6) 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    7) 1996 Studio Press Proof Silver

Also, here is an updated link to my Puckett Master Set (KJK Collection) in case anyone would happen to have anything available that could upgrade the set.

Thank you for your time.

Kory

kjk3mn27@aol.com
  • Options
    A bump to triple my post count and update the thread title.

Thanks again to anyone taking time out to view this thread.

Kory
  • Options
    Another bump to update the above-posted list of Kirby Puckett cards for which I am still searching. That said, I think I am finally seeing "a light at the end of the tunnel" (at least in collecting terms) as I'm down to adding only these handful of cards before I can call this part of my collection "complete."

As a result, I would be willing to pay a healthy premium for any of the cards listed above to help accomplish that goal should anyone out there have anything to offer.

Thanks again to anyone taking the time to view this thread -- it is greatly appreciated!

Kory

kjk3mn27@aol.com
  • Options
    In the time since I last updated this thread, I've been fortunate to come across a couple of the Kirby Puckett cards listed above. That said, I thought I'd "bump" this thread with an updated list of Puckett cards I'm still looking for. As stated previously, I would be willing to pay a very healthy premium for any of these cards -- especially the '96 Mirror Gold -- as these are literally the only remaining cards I need to complete my Puckett set:

1) 1988 Weis Winners Tea Disc Complete Panel
    2) 1992 Star Millenium Promo
    3) 1995 Donruss Checklist Press Proof (again, looking to upgrade a PSA 7.5)
    4) 1995 Upper Deck Electric Diamond Gold
    5) 1996 Leaf Signature Press Proof Platinum
    6) 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold (my personal "white whale")

Thanks again for your time and help -- it is greatly appreciated!

Kory

kjk3mn27@aol.com

KJK Collection (PSA Set Registry)
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2021 7:38PM

Just a quick post to say I'm still trying to track down a '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold Kirby Puckett card (literally the last "mainstream" Puckett I need to complete my set), so any leads towards one of those would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I'm admittedly not an "ultra" modern collector, I'm really liking the Puckett card from the 2021 Topps Series 2 70 Years of Topps Chrome set (the Puckett is based on the 1970 Topps design) so if anyone reading this ends up pulling the 1/1 Superfractor version of that card, feel free to contact me at the address provided below as I would be extremely interested in making a serious run at that card as well.

Thanks again for the time and consideration -- Kory

kjk3mn27@aol.com

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Puckett was the most dynamic player ever in a Twins uniform.

Kudos to you & good luck in your quest.

I do not have the cards you seek but keep on posting your progress, please.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

Being it's been a year since I last posted to this thread, I thought I'd provide an update as, since then, I've been incredibly fortunate to finally land a '96 Mirror Gold after 25 years (purchased last fall) and, as a couple of weeks ago, the Superfractor I also had at the top of my list. . .

That said, I'm still on the lookout for a small handful of incredibly hard-to-find promo/test/prototype cards, some newer 1/1 Superfractor-type Topps cards, and, yes, even another '96 Mirror Gold if one comes along at the right price that could be added to my Registry set (too paranoid to either crack out or crossover my BGS-graded example). Otherwise, I think my journey to track down an example of all of Puckett's mainstream issues from his playing career is -- after 34 years -- finally complete.

That said, for anyone taking the time to read this post, if should you have any rare Puckett cards available, feel free to reach out and we can go from there as -- for better or worse -- I'm always looking to add to the collection. . .

Thanks again for your time and interest -- Kory

kjk3mn27@aol.com

-- By the way, when it comes to One-Touches, the way I have the Superfractor pictured with the magnet at the bottom is the proper way to display it -- anyone who says otherwise is wrong! ;)

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Congratulations! Great collection and glad to see you got the 96!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! Absolutely beautiful cards!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach