Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I finally started a "PQ" AU58 Liberty nickel registry set

dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had been kicking the idea around for some time now, and finally got enough together thanks to Todd Madison (pursuitofliberty) to start the set officially.

I just bought two more, a 1908 AU58 PCGS and 1884 AU58 PCGS which aren't listed yet, but here is what I have so far:

Dsessom PQ AU58 Liberty Nickels

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I had no idea Todd was selling all those AU 58's...
    looks like I have to get cracking if I ever want to
    complete my certified set. I'm going to send in
    my raw set first - then look for any that didn't make
    the grade.

Excellent start Dwayne !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. I fixed my typo! image

I got this about the 1908 AU58; "Thanks for your order, but unfortunately, this item has already been sold." image

But I still got the 1884 at least! That one is tougher anyway. I hope it looks nice...
  • Options

<< <i>image

I had no idea Todd was selling all those AU 58's...
    >>

I want your 1903 if you ever upgrade that slot! That '03 has a great strike!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great start to the set...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Good pick-up on ebay.

Nice looking start.
    "The 2nd Protects the 1st"

Everyman Peace Dollar Set

Recommended Sellers with positive transactions: Coindeuce, Walkerguy21D, Connecticoin (ebay), itsnotjustme, camera28
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Good luck!

A hint, email the MS-63/4 set owners and ask if they have any coins that they sent in raw image I think all of us have had at least one come back AU-58 image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set. Where did you try to pick up the 1908?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    scherscher Posts: 924
    Love the 58 grade..good luck to you!
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    Wow - Dwayne. I just started one, too! Looks like we might be fighting for some of the same ones! If you find any that might fit into my set, please let me know!

AU58 Lover's Everyman Liberty Nickel Set

Kevin
    - Kevin
  • Options
    Your set is nearly complete already! I have a long, long way to go. Had a minor setback on a purchase of 5 coins, but we can all help each other out. Mike Hayes (MFH) is working on a set too. I will probably only get F12-15 keys (1885, 1886, 1912-S) to start off with and upgrade those later. I work for the government, so I have a limited budget. image

I spend at least an hour (usually more) online every day scanning different websites, and contacting dealer friends for AU55-58 Liberty nickels. They are tough to find. I am actually seriously considering buying some raw MS coins and lightly wiping the reverse, and sending them to PCGS. I'm not kidding! I did it once already with my 1901. It was a dead ringer 64, but had light greenish haze on the on the reverse (see photos). I wiped it off thinking PCGS wouldn't notice...

They did. And it came back AU58. image

Before, when it was raw.

imageimage

After it got it back from PCGS.

imageimage

Edited to add photos.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will have to set me up with all your contacts so I can start my set once I finish with the modern stuff I have going! Good luck on the new set!
  • Options
    I just bought another one today from Northeast Numismatics! image

1887 PCGS AU58.