Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Thought on submitting these 1975 Topps

I have a couple of tough low pop 75 commons I want to submit if they will get a 8 grade. Wondering what others thought? The Perez has a fish-eye on his name. To my naked eye and under light I can tell very little difference between the 2 Hughes so figured i would just submit both and see. Am I hoping too high on 8's out of these?

Textimage

Comments

• Options
    The hughes in the middle would be to OC from top to bottom.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Both those cards can be had for around $5 in PSA 8. So I'd just pick one up already graded.
    The only way I'd submit those is if I thought one or all had a shot at a 9.
  • Options
    I highly doubt you are going ot find either in PSA 8 for anywhere close to that, if you do let me know, the Perez especially. Thanks for the advice on the Hughes, I did not relaize it was outside the off center limits.
  • Options
    The last psa 8 Hughes sold for $3.
    PSA 8 Perez sells for VCP average $22, but I can almost guarantee yours is a 7

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're looking at a 7 at best on the two cards on the left. The one on the right has a shot at an 8. The one in the middle will probly grade OC as well.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the thoughts, is the fisheye the problem on the Perez?
  • Options
    A fisheye that small would not be a problem for an 8
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for all the thoughts, is the fisheye the problem on the Perez? >>

Perez is too far O/C to the left to get an 8.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Centering may be an issue for all 3 as far as an 8 is concerned. Best shot for an 8 is that last Hughes.

PSA shows no mercy grading vintage stuff and the best of the best from a 1975 set I bought was pulling 8.5.

I would expect they would all be 7's with the centering. The fisheyes and print dots aren't that big a deal for 8's with strong corners and centering.

Generally commons in 8 can be had for a song.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com