Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Derek Jeter Set Registry

Hi - Figured I might as well start this thread on here. I know I am not the only Jeter collector out there.

I started collecting Derek Jeter cards since 1996. I got into the grading thing in 2007 and decided to put together a high grade Derek Jeter basic set. I have sets for all the Jeter sets but the basic set is my main focus. The master set I am only using for reference on everything I have. I was toying around with the Topps Master set but have given up on it. Originally I was using the basic and collector issues set before I made the request for the basic set. Since the basic set was added I have given up on that set as well.

Anyone else putting together any Jeter sets on the registry?

Comments

• twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Hi this thing on?

I am trying to complete the Derek Jeter basic set on the registry with PSA 10 grades for all the cards with only one exception (1993 SP Foil).

Here is the link to the thread.
  • Very nice Jeter Collection! image

<< <i>Very nice Jeter Collection! image >>

Thank you image
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking Jeter collection. I love collections that include scans...image

Keep up the great work on your near perfect PSA 10 Jeter set...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
    Thank you for the kind words.

I will continually update my first post as cards come in via purchases or through submissions.
  • Are you in need of a 2001 Topps Jeter #la2 Psa 10 Gem mint a look ahead it is a low pop 2!!

Send a Pm if you are interested
    Ryan image
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
    Its been a year and the set in one year. Has gone from 35% complete to 75% complete with 44 PSA 10 cards still needed.
    Quick update for those following my progress on this.

I am officially stuck at this point LOL.

After doing world wide web searches for the cards I am missing. All searches have come up empty for the last 2 weeks.

The set is currently 78.88% Complete with a rating of 7.773.

It still ranks #1 and has a Weighted GPA of 9.917.

The set needs 36 PSA 10 cards to become comeplete and up to date.

2 of the 36 needed are the 2 upgrades I need.

1995 Bowman Foil #229
    2003 Topps #400 (anyone know why this card is so hard to find?)

I renewed my psa membership and sent in 6 Jeter cards.

1995 Finest #279
    2001 Finest #100
    2011 Topps #330 X2
    2011 Topps Heritage #200 X2

Hopefully they all come back PSA 10s.

I plan on keeping the 1995 Finest, 2001 Finest, and 1 of the 2011 Topps Heritage cards. The rest I plan to sell to make some coin to grade more cards.

Maybe when Derek gets closer to 3,000 hits more of the cards I am missing will surface?

• ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    for some reason, 2003 Topps is a TOUGH issue to slab
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
    The card has been so elusive. I have been half tempted to buy a bunch of boxes of 2003 topps series 2 and rip it all. Unfortunately there is no other card in the series that is worth grading besides Mariano Rivera is there?
    My renewal sub just popped. 2/3 happy with the sub.

MINT 9 1995 FINEST 279 DEREK JETER
    GEM MINT 10 2001 FINEST 100 DEREK JETER
    GEM MINT 10 2011 TOPPS 330 DEREK JETER
    GEM MINT 10 2011 TOPPS 330 DEREK JETER
    NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2011 TOPPS HERITAGE 200 DEREK JETER
    NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2011 TOPPS HERITAGE 200 DEREK JETER

Was hoping for all 10s but I must have missed something(s) on 3 of them.

1995 Finest is a pain to begin with. Just looking at the pop report will tell you. 10 PSA 9s and 8 PSA 10s so I should be happy with the 9 but I plan on upgrading it when I can. The 2001 Finest I am very happy with. They are tough to find let alone in Gem mint condition. The 2011 Topps 330 PSA 10s were no surprise. I picked through 50 some cards to find only those 2 worth subbing. The 2011 Topps Heritage cards I have no idea what I missed. Those were the best 2 out of 20 some cards. I will have to look them over when I get them back. Otherwise I can't really complain. The 2001 Finest is the big hit for me.

I am keeping 1995 Finest, 2001 Finest, and one of the 2011 Topps Heritage cards. The remainder I am selling.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The card has been so elusive. I have been half tempted to buy a bunch of boxes of 2003 topps series 2 and rip it all. Unfortunately there is no other card in the series that is worth grading besides Mariano Rivera is there? >>

If you decide to rip away and come across one of those White retro logo cards of Griffey I would buy it
    from you..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

<< <i>

<< <i>The card has been so elusive. I have been half tempted to buy a bunch of boxes of 2003 topps series 2 and rip it all. Unfortunately there is no other card in the series that is worth grading besides Mariano Rivera is there? >>

If you decide to rip away and come across one of those White retro logo cards of Griffey I would buy it
    from you.. >>

I think I might have to rip away. #400 is the only PSA 10 card I am missing for Jeter Basic Topps set. I might have to buy a ton of these just to pull a 10. I rather not though. I rather just buy the 10 already graded. I might buy 2-4 boxes and see what I get. If I come across the White retro logo cards of Griffey I will gladly sell. I am only after the PSA 10 of Jeter and Rivera.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭
    If thats the case I will take any whites that you come across.. image
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    Jackstraw ok I will put all the whites aside. I am going to buy a few boxes and see what I pull.

PSA package arrived today!

Scans of my recent sub

Those 2011 Topps Jeter cards both sold fast! Combined they nearly paid for my membership renewal. image
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking Jeter cards and congrats on the grades...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)