Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Consign Your Coins to eBay for As Little as 0.6% (under $3)! Choose JK Coin Photography for Great R

With eBay raising their fees to a whopping 9% (up to $50) for many sellers, I thought I'd run the numbers to see exactly how inexpensive my services are. It turns out that consigning with me (JKCoins) can cost as little as 0.6% compared to doing it yourself... under $3! Here are some of the many advantages of selling through me:

<> Low Fees. As a Top-Rated Seller with high PayPal volume, I get reduced eBay and PayPal fees, and those savings go to you (if a buyer mails payment, you don't pay a PayPal fee, of course). My personal commission is just 5.5% ($9 minimum). See the chart below for the costs.

<> I do the work for you. You simply send your coins to me--just one shipment--and a few weeks later, you'll get a check in the mail. A number of collectors and dealers consider my photographs to be among the very best on eBay, and every item I sell receives a professional description.

<> I am a Top-Rated Seller with superb feedback and extremely high DSRs (see below for my 1st Quarter results). This indicates that my buyers are happy, and it shows when many of the coins I list sell at strong prices to repeat buyers week in and week out. This also means that my auctions have priority in the eBay search results, so your coins get better visibility.

<> I take care of all the shipping. One of the most pain-staking parts of selling is shipping. I fill all the orders and ship them wherever they have to go. I also do my best to keep shipping costs low, which means buyers can bid higher. I don't profit on shipping, and that's reflected in my DSRs.

<> I ship internationally. Many sellers limit their sales to the domestic market, but I've found tremendous business overseas. Whether or not these foreign buyers win, their bids alone help you realize higher prices.

<> I deal with the buyers. Yes, sometimes they're a hassle, and sometimes they can inundate sellers with questions. Save yourself the time and grief and let me respond to their emails.

<> Detailed accounting. I keep meticulous records, and at settlement, you will receive a spreadsheet listing each fee for every item (eBay Listing & Final Value, PayPal, Commission).

<> I donate 20% of my proceeds to charity. I'm not selling to make a killing, I just enjoy a little extra spending money to fund my hobbies. And because I think it's always important to give back, I've sent thousands of dollars in commissions to charity over the years, and will continue to do so.

How much does it cost to sell through me? Factoring in my lower eBay and PayPal fees, the answer is very, very little. The chart below shows what you would pay to sell an item yourself, and what it would cost if I were to sell it and do all the work for you. The calculations include eBay (9%, $50 max for you, lower for me) and PayPal (2.9% + $.30 for you, lower for me) fees, and my commission in the column for selling with me. The PayPal fee is based on a nominal shipping cost of $2 + $1/$100, and is for domestic buyers.

Interested in my DSRs? Here they are for the 1st Quarter of 2010:

Two sample images from past auctions:

If you're ready to sell, send a Private Message or email me at Jeremy@JKCoinPhotography.com. You can also visit www.JKCoinPhotography.com to see more example photographs. You can also visit JKCoins on eBay to see what I currently have running and my feedback.

Regards,

Jeremy

-------

Toned Coins FS | JK Coin Photography

imageimageimage

20% of all Consignment Proceeds Will Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments