Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to make the Presidential dollars more fun

BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
...Color them in on the computer image

After finishing off a moderatly sized project today, I did some scanning, and decided to have fun with a dollar scan.

I started with this...

and created this!

Maybe if they looked like some of these they would actually circulate?
Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History

Comments

• Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    You can also leave the Buchanan one with the rest of them, one at a time, to see which he goes best with.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

....AT image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're having entirely too much fun with that scanner lately. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    The Andy Warhol of the coin world? Could be.
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Nice. I used the stove to do something similar one time when I was bored.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    If it's a question......my answer is a resounding 'By not collecting them'. The mintages, ever increasing pops (even FDI....still boxes & boxes of them taking up space at the TPG's, ALL eligible for the FDI designation) the serious beat-down of prices...better to just grab a roll from the bank, and cook 'em for the funky colors, like MrSpud did. I feel for the modern dealers....unless you have a pop-top, in the single digits, you can't give 'em away.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has too much free time.imageimage

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice. I used the stove to do something similar one time when I was bored.
    image >>

They cook up nicely! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    Nicely cooked examples image ! I like them better than the Gimped ones (no offense)...

For what it's worth, I found a cashier where I get lunch who gets a lot of dollar coins. She saves them for me, so I'm able to collect them from circulation - which made this series a lot more entertaining for me.

Now if I can finish collecting Kennedy Halves from the blackjack tables, I'll be a real happy camper ...
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file