Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll: How many coins already in pcgs holders...

PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
do you plan to submit for secure plus?

Comments

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I voted zero because I don't have coins in the price range that justify the grading fees. Having said that, I'm looking forward to when PCGS gets their arms around the volumes, works out the bugs and rolls it out in all submission catagories. I think it is good new service.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about a half dozen coins that I might submit but will probably wait until all the excitement dies down.
  • Options
    I have 4 but I read that pcgs already is working on something to counter fake slabs so I will wait incase it involves a new holder.
  • Options
    big fat goose egg = 0
    Rick - coin guy
  • Options
    If no one resubmits what happens to the new product, and will the first coins submitted now at the start be matched up or compared or whatever with as many coins as in 4 years? If very little has been scanned yet on the whole, what is the value of the service regarding recognition of altered coins right now? Would not PCGS have to see a coin at least once before to have the new system kick in? Yet most coins are unscanned? I was also thinking, as they are gathering images and scanning coins for the database, and these images come from coins in paid submissions, could there not be some "introductory offer" for the time being until the database has grown to actually function and be as effective as designed? After all, the submitters are providing the coins database and paying to do so. If I misuderstand any part of this my apologies.

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a couple i'd consider, but only once the submission price comes down and/or when SecurePlus becomes the standard.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    One bump for the day people.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Right now this service is only intended for the big boys; only time will tell if it makes sense for everyone.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -0- I think the eye appeal is clearly already in the grade, so I am suspicious of the + and I dont want to lose the old holders anyway
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Looks like at least for now I am with the majority. Zero.

Mike
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take advantage of the CC Special, so put me down as one
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>do you plan to submit for secure plus? >>

At this point I am not planning on submitting any coins. However, I'm not completely educated on the offering either.

So I'd say the jury is still out....Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of now, zero of the 15 coins I have in PCGS holders will be submitted...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I will be sending in coins tomorrow from my Peace and Walker sets...
    Coins with big spreads .
    Example..
    28s peace in 64 $900
    28s in 65 $25k

Maybe 20 coins in my 1st submission.
    I have to try image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I will submit one. My freebie for the quarter.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I maybe committing Harry Karry but I am with Larry, about 20-------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 4 but I read that pcgs already is working on something to counter fake slabs so I will wait incase it envolves a new holder. >>

Link to the article?

P.S. : Involves not envolves.
  • Options
    Not a article, a post in the secure plus q&a thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file