Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CoinTelevision: Industry Leaders Comment on New PCGS Secure + Coin Grading Announcement....Charmy i

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
What, no MadMarty on the video screen?? But, we did get our very own, Charmy!!!! image

David Lisot, Executive Producer of Coin Television has put together a montage of comments from industry leaders following the PCGS announcement of its New Secure + coin grading service

The PCGS Secure Plus process uses laser scanning to help detect coins that have been artificially enhanced since their last certification, combat “gradeflation” and excessive resubmissions of the same coins, and can also be used to help identify recovered stolen coins. Additionally, PCGS graders can now designate deserving, superior-quality coins as “Plus” within their respective grades, an important distinction when there are big differences in value between one grade point and the next.

The following industry professionals are included in this video as follows:

Don Willis – President of PCGS
David Hall – Founder of PCGS
Steve Deeds – President of Bowers and Merena Inc.
Jim Halperin – Co-Chairman of Heritage Auction Galleries
Ira Goldberg – Goldberg Rare Coins
John Feigenbaum – President, David Lawrence Rare Coins
Mark Salzberg – Chairman, NGC
Charmy Harker – The Penny Lady
Tim Carrol – Numismatic Financial Corp
Jeff Garrett – President, Mid American Rare Coin Gallery
Mike Bianco – Mike Bianco Rare Coins

CoinTV Video Link

edited to add....Frank Provasek of frankcoins.com(another of our own) was last to speak....nice job one and all!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get the video to play on either browser I tried (IE8 or Firefox). I'll try again tonight.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could only see a short amount of it then is stopped
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!! Great interviews for an interesting topic.....Charmy, you looked great.......A star is born!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Charmy, you looked great...a star is born!!

Wonder why they didn't interview Mr. Albanese...image
    I'll come up with something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file