Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New quarter = new quarterly grading special

So what do you think the special will be for April 1 through June 30?

Or, easier to answer, what are you hoping will qualify?

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To celebrate the Big One™, any big coin (large cent, silver dollar, $20 gold).
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    One free "Secure Plus" submission.
    edited to add: not hoping for, just think this is what it will be.
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One free "Secure Plus" submission.
    edited to add: not hoping for, just think this is what it will be. >>

I think it would be the cool thing to do but I highly doubt they will give away a grade that valuable.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭

Now THAT is a cool idea that never occurred to me!

That would be an excellent excuse for making April 1st a day of celebration.

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it will be 1/2 off a Secure Plus submission, or 2 for 1.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

I think that is what Don stated in the stickied "The Big One" Thread.
    Save $$$ on many purchases to include EBAY and EBay Stores.

Big Crumbs Link

Mr Rebates Link

EBates Link

Chucknra@yahoo.com
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think that is what Don stated in the stickied "The Big One" Thread. >>

I saw that too, I just hope they don't stick to their $1000 max value that is usually used (recently bumped to $1500 for the gold special last quarter). Would be nice to bump the max up to $5000 or maybe $10000 for once.
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I'd actually rather they just send me like 3 boxes of PCGS pens image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    Yes a PCGS pen would be nice, do they have those?
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    Could i just post one more message and say a free reholder would be a good one. I had to post one more so i can have six hundred posts. image
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭

<< <i>Could i just post one more message and say a free reholder would be a good one. I had to post one more so i can have six hundred posts. image >>

Congratulations on reaching 600, and thanks for entering me in your generous giveaway!

With a little effort, I might reach 600 by 2011.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could i just post one more message and say a free reholder would be a good one. I had to post one more so i can have six hundred posts. image >>

I'll enter too!
    Thanks for the chance. image
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    all coins get a plus?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options

This quarter's Collectors Club submission special from the PCGS website:

On March 25th 2010, PCGS launched PCGS Secure Plus™. To introduce this new service, PCGS will accept any U.S. coin with a maximum declared value of $10,000 for this quarter's PCGS Collectors Club Submission Special.

I wonder if this is for the SecurePlus service or the usual one. If you click on download submission form link, it gives you a submission form for the normal service. So I guess the special is for the normal service only.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This quarter's Collectors Club submission special from the PCGS website:

On March 25th 2010, PCGS launched PCGS Secure Plus™. To introduce this new service, PCGS will accept any U.S. coin with a maximum declared value of $10,000 for this quarter's PCGS Collectors Club Submission Special.

I wonder if this is for the SecurePlus service or the usual one. If you click on download submission form link, it gives you a submission form for the normal service. So I guess the special is for the normal service only.

Cheers! >>

From what was posted in the big one Q&A thread I thought it would be a Secure Plus freebie. With the coin value bumped up to $10K I would think that is the intent. Maybe they will work out the "bugs" in the next day or two.
  • Options
    [q
    From what was posted in the big one Q&A thread I thought it would be a Secure Plus freebie. With the coin value bumped up to $10K I would think that is the intent. Maybe they will work out the "bugs" in the next day or two. >>

I would like that! image

Fingers crossed!

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Would be good way to get a wide range of coins into the new database.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Quarterly PCGS Collectors Club Submission Special
    (April 1st - June 30th, 2010)

Exercise your right to submit your coin for free grading!

This offer is valid for all Collectors Club members in good standing
    Each Collectors Club Submission Special is free of charge, including the Handling fee (return shipping charges are extra)
    One coin per member per quarter
    Maximum Declared Value allowed is $10,000
    Each coin must be submitted on its own submission form with its own return shipping
    Mint Errors and Special Issues are excluded from this offer

I called and was told its regular service not secure plus.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I called and was told its regular service not secure plus. >>

They didn't say APRIL FOOLS afterward did they?

I just got an email from BJ that included:
    "In addition, the PCGS Collectors Club quarterly submission special offers a free grade through the PCGS Secure Plus service. To introduce this new service, PCGS will accept any U.S. coin, raw or in a PCGS holder, with a maximum declared value of $10,000. This offer is good through June 30th."
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their site has been updated.It is for the new secure plus service.$10,000 limit.This is a great way to kick off the new service.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 1926 MS 65 Lincoln I will be sending in. I tried to get it to MS 66 once, maybe they will give it the plus this time around.
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file