Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The PCGS Million Dollar Coin Club and the Natl. Numismatic Collection...

RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was just looking over the coin values of the top coins of the PCGS Million Dollar Coin Club as posted on the PCGS web site. Living near D.C. I am fortunate to be a frequent visitor to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. As most of you know, in the Money section, there is one case with most of the top coins of the Million $ Club - many unique. It's just stunning to actually put a dollar value on that case.

It's also interesting to see how most visitors just blow by the case w/o comment. I was looking at the coins last Friday for about 30 min. The only comment that I heard was someone briefly commenting on the size of the half-unions and guessing that they must be worth at least two thousand dollars each based on spot gold. It's a shame that more people don't appreciate the treasures in that display. Of course, I suppose that one could make the same statement about the most treasured items of thier hobby whatever that may be.

Just some late night ramblings....but when I added up the values it was a stunner.
Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Comments

• Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750
    I saw the National Numismatic Collection back in December last year when I was visiting my relatives for Christmas. It's an amazing collection of coins to see in person. Anyone that has a chance to go there should check it out. Here's a link to the thread where I posted the pics I shot when I was there.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw the National Numismatic Collection back in December last year when I was visiting my relatives for Christmas. It's an amazing collection of coins to see in person. Anyone that has a chance to go there should check it out. Here's a link to the thread where I posted the pics I shot when I was there. >>

I must have missed your thread the first time, thanks for the link, nice pics!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw the National Numismatic Collection back in December last year when I was visiting my relatives for Christmas. It's an amazing collection of coins to see in person. Anyone that has a chance to go there should check it out. Here's a link to the thread where I posted the pics I shot when I was there. >>

Fantasitc pics!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file