Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Recent raw pickups: Clemete, Aaron, Mays cards

Recent purchase. Paid $220 for all of them. How'd I do?....probably send most in for grading.

-Claude

Comments

• Did well (especially like the '69), I would think 7 of them are too oc to be worth sending it for grading
  • Great looking lot!
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    All appear to be PSA 4-6 material........not sure if you did well or not.....will check VCP later and get back with you.....
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Nice '61 Aaron
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All appear to be PSA 4-6 material........not sure if you did well or not..... >>

Agreed. Not to pee on your charcoal, but from a grading standpoint, you're going to be disappointed I think. From a value standpoint, you'll probably realize more $$ in raw form.
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I agree that you'll probably do better just leaving them raw. You won't make a ton of profit, but it seems people sometimes overvalue raw cards than ones with an established grade. Bobbyw is probably right - most will be the 4-6 category. maybe you'll pull a 7 somewhere. At an average of $20 per card, you'll probably still make some profit back.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to take a shot with some of the better cards and get them graded - might be a 7 or two there.

In any event, at $20 apiece, I think you did fine - not a bad buy at all.
  • It's difficult to tell grades from the scan because hidden creases don't show.

But visually, some of the cards look GREAT, e.g.

1961 Aaron PSA 7.5
    1967 Aaron PSA 8oc
    1968 Aaron PSA 8oc
    1969 Aaron PSA 9oc
    1971 Aaron PSA 6.5

The 1969 Mays also looks gorgeous.