Home Sports Talk
Options

I've officially lost hope

the Chicago Blackhawks were primed to win the cup in December and January, their goaltending was decent enough to keep them in but now it what goaltending? they needed to get a goalie before the trade deadline but they didn't and its costing them.

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    At least you are in it. The Carolina Hurricanes are playing well enough to win the Cup since early February. We just had this 14 game losing streak in November that put us out of contention...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    we would love to have at least legace in goal.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>we would love to have at least legace in goal. >>

Emeril Legace in goal?

Every time he makes a save, he yells BAM!!!!!

Of course then, every time an opponent scores a goal on him, they'd be the ones to yell BAM!!!!!

Steve
  • Options
    What's been going on with the 'Hawks? I've always felt the media was hyping them due to young talent but it was just a couple years ago they weren't even near the playoffs
  • Options
    I think Tim Thomas from Boston was available the last couple of weeks. Chicago is one of the top teams going for the cup. You can't win them all. There is so much parity in hockey anything can happen. Only Buffalo has a goalie that can steal games. Even Luongo and
    Brodeur can have shaky stretches.
  • Options
    neimi can either have a shutout or give up 2-4 goals, huet well hasn't had a decent start in idn how long.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    At the beginning of the year, I picked the Hawks and Caps to make the finals here. I also claimed I expected my Wings to struggle, but did not foresee the numerous injuries to key players being the reason. They changed a lot of their line-up and I assumed Ozzy was going to be their goalie again. Howard has been a stud. Their team is finally healthy and beginning to gel. I'm pretty sure nobody near the top is thrilled about playing them. I'm quite certain they're happier the further Detroit moves up the standings, which means they wont have to play them until the second round. Howard could struggle in his first playoff. Time will tell. Chicago's struggling goalies and loss of Campbell hurt their chances. They're still a strong team though. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Go Wings. image
  • Options
    Legace would be available now that Cam Ward is back and Justin Peters played so well from the minors. Of course, nobody wanted Legace a couple months ago. Not sure why.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    huet and a first round pick for legace could of happened before the deadline
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I still have not gotten over the Illinois loss to Dayton-

The issues with the Blackhawks have not sunk in yet-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    the illini dayton game was awful.

the hawks are repeating last year where in march they were like 6-9 and in april they were 6-1 we'll have to see what happens this month
  • Options
    I think this year with the Canes probably out of it (barring miracle) I'll throw my support behind Chicago and Vancouver. It would be great to see some fresh teams win.
  • Options
    im tired of the penguins and red wings winning all the time
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think this year with the Canes probably out of it (barring miracle) I'll throw my support behind Chicago and Vancouver. It would be great to see some fresh teams win. >>

How's the attendance down there? Are they Canes ready to move back to Hartford yet? image
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    yep i agree the hawks really suck.

too bad they are the only team i can root for down here in the chicago area that wouldnt make me vomit.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    the haws are repeating last year hopefully they don't repeat their playoff preformance