Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Probably the most personally meaningful autograph for me ever

A couple months ago, I posted the RIP - SAAB thread when the deal between Koenigsegg and GM collapsed and GM was going to wind down and scrap SAAB.

Then out of no where, along came the owner/CEO of Spyker Cars who negotiated with GM and was somehow able to come out on top and save SAAB from the junkyard.

His name is Victor Muller. From the moment he publicly expressed interest in buying SAAB, I followed the deal closely - or as close as an outsider can. Not even knowing he spoke English (he's Dutch). Then I caught an interview with him on YouTube to find out he speaks English more fluently than most of us. So I followed even closer. Listening to that man speak was impressive to say the least. On this past February 23rd, the papers were signed and SAAB started moving forward again as an independent company. What seemed like a very bitter end to a magnificent company was averted.

Today, SAAB had their first dealer business meeting in the US and I got to tag along with the owner of my dealership and couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally meet this man, thank him in person for saving thousands upon thousands of jobs and of course, get an autograph image

Victor is on the left. The man on the right is Jan-Åke Jonsson, the current president and CEO of SAAB. It was truly an honor to meet the both of them today.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats Zep!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kul det lät när de snackar svenska. image
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.