Home Sports Talk

Pittsburgh 35 Dallas 31....Super Bowl XIII

I just saw a replay of this on the NFL network the other night, and Terry Bradshaw was all that and a bag of chips. Surely one of
the greatest of all time.

First Steelers possession....Rocky Bleier and Franco Harris could do nothing. Bradshaw gets one opportunity to throw the ball
on consecutive third downs and throws bullets to Grossman and another receiver for first downs. Balls are perfectly thrown. Then he
chucks the long ball to the end zone and finds Stallworth for a TD on that same opening series. Momentum Pittsburgh right off the bat
due to Terry's great decision making. The Dallas D was all over them too. Bradshaw didn't have much time to throw. The running game
was stopped. He went on to throw for 4 TD's against a very good Dallas defense and was the game MVP.

Yes, he fumbled twice and threw one pick, so let the naysayers come in and say what they want. But after watching that game, only
one person stood out as a great player, and it was Terry. So much depends on the QB on the NFL like no other sport, except maybe
the pitcher in baseball. Terry was a winner, and one of the best winners ever.

Comments

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attention blacklabelsociety, calling blacklabelsociety...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I think the NFL and maybe NBA nobody rewards the players more for post season play like those two leagues. I used to think everyone should use the baseball method and its career totals attitude but I have changed my stance. Players who can win it all against the best competition and do so multiple times should be held in a higher place. Now should it be the end of the discussion, no, but it should weigh more than say MLB post season success IMO.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The play I remember most of all (I was 13) was Jackie Smith's dropped pass in the end zone which wound up costing the Cowboys four points.