Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

No qualifiers??

Robinson 8?
Not sure how this card pulled an 8. Even more shocked that there are no qualifiers. Maybe the grader couldn't decide which was more detracting, the centering or the ugly print mark so he let them both go.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Robinson 8?
    Not sure how this card pulled an 8. Even more shocked that there are no qualifiers. Maybe the grader couldn't decide which was more detracting, the centering or the ugly print mark so he let them both go. >>

Holy crap!! Why can't I ever get that grader??

Seriously, that seller has kinds worried me a bit in the past. Usually see him with one-off items that interest me, but iffy quality and major price demands.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Something is not quite right here. I think there is some funny business going on. This same seller also has this card up for sale. There is no way in hell this card is a NQ psa 8.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1971-Topps-Baseball-1st-Series-Checklist-54-PSA-8_W0QQitemZ380182161607QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item58849f68c7

PSA should give me a job as a grader because if these cards are legit then I can do that good of a job.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is even worse

Neither of those should be 8's even on a good day...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I know 4SC sometimes has some soft 8's and 9's, but nothing like this seller. Something doesn't seem right.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak