Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1958 MLB All Star Game TTM

1958 was the only year that the Orioles hosted an All Star Game in Memorial Stadium.....Always looking for something to do to enhance my collection, I picked up a couple of postmarked cachets commemorating this game and sent one of each to the ONLY two members of the Orioles who actually made the A.L. All Star team that year (Billy O'Dell & Gus Triandos)....Just thought I'd share these as I got Triandos back in the mail today (took nearly six months for him to return it):

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    as an aside, I also had Triandos (who may have been the best catcher the Orioles have ever had) sign this B&W original action photo:

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Hilarious line about Gus Triandos in season 3 of The Wire. I imagine you know what I'm talking about if you're from Baltimore.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Only Herc could have come up with something like that.

Best. TV. Series.

EVER.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Best. TV. Series.

EVER. >>

In my mind, there is no question it's the best ever. No show has ever been more layered, interesting, intense, with amazing writing, interesting characters and not afraid to go in new directions every season.

If there is anyone out there who never gave The Wire a chance. Do yourself a huge favor and watch Season 1. If you don't think it's an all time top 5 season, I'll be completely shocked.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only Herc could have come up with something like that.

Best. TV. Series.

EVER. >>

I thought it was better than The Sopranos (which was obviously a great series too)............

One year I was at at Opening Day (as I am every year), and they were filming an episode of The Wire outside the bars that surround Camden Yards